find the curved surface question (1 Viewer)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
for that question, did u have to do :

5000( random number, i forgot what the volume given was) = (simpsons rule area)+(side area)+(end area)+x(represents the curved)?

FUCK! I just remebered...was there 2 simpson rule areas? because i only did one side....someone PLEASE tell me that there wasnt a simpson area on the other side of the block... :(

Hamil

HSC
I had two simpsons area sides calculated into my answer as I thought there was two sides to the object as the back section (5m x 2m) didn't give any indication to sloping down.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
Hamil said:
I had two simpsons area sides calculated into my answer as I thought there was two sides to the object as the back section (5m x 2m) didn't give any indication to sloping down.
...i cant even remember...but was the surface area of the curved part like a couple of hundred lower than the total volume? remember that there was a NOT TO SCALE sign there.

Hamil

HSC
Yes, the surface area of the curved section was only a couple of hundred lower than the total volume.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
Hamil said:
Yes, the surface area of the curved section was only a couple of hundred lower than the total volume.
good. but id like to say im officially screwed. i was looking at the answers and i did very bad on multiple choice...im hoping for my ranks in my social sciences to get me at least a 80 uai :(

Magicana

HSC
You had to do two applications of Simpsons rule for the question - then all you had to do was double that, as it was the same on the other side.

It was a few THOUSAND less than the total SA as well. That 2 was in METRES, not cm. That caught me at first, till I realised it was metres. No way it could be a few hundred less - one of the shapes was 14cm by 2m, which is 14 by 200. Thats 2800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)