• Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Finished HSC (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol word (and excel) are actually extremely powerful - there's so many functions that people aren't aware of, and is much more powerful than latex in terms of what it can do. Latex is really only used in academia, since it's primary purpose is just to make a pretty document. Don't get me wrong, I love using latex, but unfortunately it's just not very practical in industry. I'm actually using latex right now for one of my coursework major projects, but yeh it's for my studies and not for work.
How are you doing coursework if your already an Engineer?

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm finishing my M.S. from Purdue, part time and via distance learning.
How many degrees you gonna get o_O

You remind me of one of my Math teachers in highschool who had 5 math degrees. 3 bachelors and 2 masters

blyatman

HSC
N/A
How many degrees you gonna get o_O

You remind me of one of my Math teachers in highschool who had 5 math degrees. 3 bachelors and 2 masters
Lol I'm so done with study after this one. This one actually helps with my career in terms of where I want to specialize in, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with it. It's a grind having to do full time work, part time study, and part time teaching. The only breaks I get are during uni break and school break =( But yeh, srsly, so over studying...

Also this current degree was leftover from when I decided to drop out of the PhD program in the US. Had finished 1/3rd of the M.S. program, so I thought why not just finish it here via distance learning.

Black Elmo

HSC
why is everyone here still studying for uni and stuff, take a damn break, its the only break for ur whole life you dont have to worry about expenses or anything, im gonna play the xbox for days on end

StudyOnly

HSC
why is everyone here still studying for uni and stuff, take a damn break, its the only break for ur whole life you dont have to worry about expenses or anything, im gonna play the xbox for days on end
Exactly my thought process lol.
I want to learn programming out of interest, but other than that all I am doing is nothing productive!
When Uni begins, I'll start worrying about it.

Black Elmo

HSC
Exactly my thought process lol.
I want to learn programming out of interest, but other than that all I am doing is nothing productive!
When Uni begins, I'll start worrying about it.
exactly you know it, everytime i come here i always get depressed as shit seeing all the 95 atar estimates and stuff, and seeing this thread actually kills me people saying they want to study uni stuff early and read books (unless you like it), PEOPLE THIS IS THE ONLY BREAK IN UR WHOLE LIFE WHERE MONEY, TIME, RENT, BILLS DONT MATTER, AFTER THIS 3 MONTH BREAK YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY, UNI WORK HECS, SO PLEASE TAKE A MONTH OFF, WATCH NETFLIX ALL DAY, BE A COUCH POTATO, GO TO THE CITY ALONE AND EXPLORE THE WORLD, DO AN ALL NIGHTER WITH UR MATES, so please guys take a break, this is the only time ur life where u dont have to worry about a thing, you are still under your parents guard, once uni starts, you're on ur own, you'll have to worry about income and what not, then you end up in the workforce where holidays will never be the same like this one yall about to get, so please enjoy this 3 month break after 13 years of hell

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
exactly you know it, everytime i come here i always get depressed as shit seeing all the 95 atar estimates and stuff, and seeing this thread actually kills me people saying they want to study uni stuff early and read books (unless you like it), PEOPLE THIS IS THE ONLY BREAK IN UR WHOLE LIFE WHERE MONEY, TIME, RENT, BILLS DONT MATTER, AFTER THIS 3 MONTH BREAK YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY, UNI WORK HECS, SO PLEASE TAKE A MONTH OFF, WATCH NETFLIX ALL DAY, BE A COUCH POTATO, GO TO THE CITY ALONE AND EXPLORE THE WORLD, DO AN ALL NIGHTER WITH UR MATES, so please guys take a break, this is the only time ur life where u dont have to worry about a thing, you are still under your parents guard, once uni starts, you're on ur own, you'll have to worry about income and what not, then you end up in the workforce where holidays will never be the same like this one yall about to get, so please enjoy this 3 month break after 13 years of hell
Even though I said that I went ahead and learnt uni stuff. Trust me a lot of my time was spent doing jack such as playing video games ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)