like wen u have finshed all ur notes
wat do u do next>

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
sucess one ftw.
like it says in the book
'theres no substitute for the real thing'

do them for all ur subjects and your set.
though after that past papers never hurt anyone =]

starrysky

HSC
What I do (my Biology teacher recommended this, and it worked fairly well for me) is that I read over my notes first. A little chunk at a time. And then write out all the relevant points from those notes. Then read over them again. Because that way it sinks in more effectively.

EDIT: Ah yeah, true. Past papers are love as well. <3

lgaica

HSC
read over your notes, but the best thing is to do as many past papers as possible, and practice answers for essays.

also, DONT MEMORISE specific essays for english, make sure you have a wide knowledge base of your text. I learnt the hard way cause a question was based on characterisation and my essay didnt work that well...

starrysky

HSC
lgaica said:
read over your notes, but the best thing is to do as many past papers as possible, and practice answers for essays.

also, DONT MEMORISE specific essays for english, make sure you have a wide knowledge base of your text. I learnt the hard way cause a question was based on characterisation and my essay didnt work that well...
QFT.

Completely agreed.

N

noir.

lgaica said:

that's why you write broad essays. They will always work, as long as you adjust it to fit the question. Memorising essays does not mean, however, that you shouldn't have a sound knowledge on your texts ;)

*maria*

HSC
Your so lucky that you have finished your notes! I have not started legal notes...all i have done is write broad essay answers and i will leave the other half of the test up to pure luck and skim reading off the Macquarie book. lol, it helped me until now-i got 83% in my trial

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
*maria* said:
Your so lucky that you have finished your notes! I have not started legal notes...all i have done is write broad essay answers and i will leave the other half of the test up to pure luck and skim reading off the Macquarie book. lol, it helped me until now-i got 83% in my trial
Written notes:

English - Quotes/Camera shots only with brief analysis
Mathematics (including Extension 1) - Summary Book
IPT - None
Physics - Various dot points
Chemistry - Chemical Monitoring & Management only

I wonder how organised I am *rolls eyes* ....

kloudsurfer

HSC
I wish I had that problem!

Still havent finished my notes.

Though my advice is (other than doing past papers, practice qs etc) write them again.

And make even shorter summaries of your notes.

Or try to answer each of the syllabus dotpoint as if it were a question without using your notes. The look at your notes to see if youve missed any vital points and add them. Repeat until you can do this without using notes at all.

w00dy.

HSC
Past Papers, and then go through and learn/revise weakest areas. because the stuff you know, you will know it well, and the stuff you dont, well you just keep working on that, and past papers, lots of different questions etc will help with that.

goodluck

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i guess reading them and making sure you have a sound understanding of everything would be a good approach. so if there is anything you are unsure of you can look it up or ask so you will be completely prepared come exam time.

also spead the past papers over a period of time so you get constant practice.

and with english just know the main points of each text and a couple of examples which can be manipulated to suit various questions ( past hsc questions and past trial questions from your school will help you get better at organising your knowledge and also give valuable practice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)