• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Firefox 1.02 (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
its 1 hundreds of a version update , come on man as if soemtihng that big will change in it. prob like a new colour added or some crap.

malkin86

HSC
The Foundation's stopped updating The Suite... :( mumblemumble Firefox mumblemumble :mad:

sladehk

le random
HSC
firefox = good
and the update's tiny anyway

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i'm not happy!
who ever is doing the programming really needs to take a good look at how to implement future updates properly

since 1.0 -> 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2
everytime you update, it leaves behind the entry in add/remove list
not good!

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I think you're meant to uninstall the previous version and reinstall the new?
It keeps all your bookmarks and extensions and themes anyway...

sladehk

le random
HSC
you just meant to install it, not unistall and re-installt he new one. It's just like the MS hotfixes and etc, filling up the Add/remove list

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
it should remove it self before installing the new version thats what good programs do . i guess firefox is shithouse

tristan88

HSC
Earlier today, decided to update both my laptop and the desktop to 1.0.2 and the latest adobe reader plugin (a well-known issue between adobe pdf plugin and firefox which had the tendency to freeze, but the latest version 7 is quick and no problems at all so far). On the laptop I used the auto-update tool and I couldn't load my default profile afterwards as it said it was 'being used'. Guess I could've tried a reboot, but just deleted it and made a new profile.

Uninstalled on the desktop, and installed a fresh -- all good.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
teeg88 said:
Earlier today, decided to update both my laptop and the desktop to 1.0.2 and the latest adobe reader plugin (a well-known issue between adobe pdf plugin and firefox which had the tendency to freeze, but the latest version 7 is quick and no problems at all so far). On the laptop I used the auto-update tool and I couldn't load my default profile afterwards as it said it was 'being used'. Guess I could've tried a reboot, but just deleted it and made a new profile.

Uninstalled on the desktop, and installed a fresh -- all good.
That's what I'm saying. Just uninstall the program and install the new one and all your extensions are still there and themes, no muss no fuss. None of this 'oh my Add/Remove list is cluttered, I'm gonna cry about it' garbage.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
That's what I'm saying. Just uninstall the program and install the new one and all your extensions are still there and themes, no muss no fuss. None of this 'oh my Add/Remove list is cluttered, I'm gonna cry about it' garbage.
i'm just saying it's bad programming and logical thinking

as i said before, having to uninstall and then install defeats the entire purpose of having the auto update notifier which steps you through the installation

sladehk

le random
HSC
But a good thing is that if it corrupts or stuffs up anything, you can simple uninstall the more recent update :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Software Update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)