First day of uni (1 Viewer)

username

HSC
What happens, is there some sort of orientation for each individual degree, or is it straight to work?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orientation/enrolment a few days/weeks before the actual first day.

O-week, where its basically just introduction into uni life, you join clubs, get introduced etc. ( also time for us 2nd years to spot some fresh meat ;) )

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
my first day of uni was soo freaking boring ...... don't expect uni to be exciting or anything ...... have low expectations and u'll have fun lol that was my mistake, i thought uni would be too much like the uni's in america... it's nothing at all like that!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, dont expect too much, try and make new friends though, if you dont have many high school friends going to mq, or else you'll end up like me first semester was boring in my subjects :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
yeh thats what i did in first semester, i thought first semester was a blast compared to how it is now (2nd semester)...... here's a tip DON'T DO EXTERNAL SUBJECTS! u miss out on the "uni experience" last year i'de be in the bar or hanging out at da back between classes...... now my social life consists of me going to uni only on wednesdays, fridays going to my psy and comp pracs, den going home... its full ah shit, goto uni, make sure theres breaks in between!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
yeh thats what i did in first semester, i thought first semester was a blast compared to how it is now (2nd semester)...... here's a tip DON'T DO EXTERNAL SUBJECTS! u miss out on the "uni experience" last year i'de be in the bar or hanging out at da back between classes...... now my social life consists of me going to uni only on wednesdays, fridays going to my psy and comp pracs, den going home... its full ah shit, goto uni, make sure theres breaks in between!
haha sounds like mine, except mines wednesday and one tute on tuesday at 2 :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
which is why i spread mine out over the week. i prefer the interaction with people all week, rather than only a few days. i also have avoided external units.

this time last year i didn't understand how uni worked - so you do about 4 subjects per semester. in each of those subjects you have lectures in the first week, but no tutes (generally, if you do law and actuarial i think you have them). in these lectures they MIGHT spend the first lecture telling you about the course, but other than that it's straight to work.

in the first lectures talk to as many randoms as possible - some of them will end up as your friends. also as the semester goes on it gets harder to talk to randoms because you're not 'new' anymore and feel stupid (hey, even in my tutes we don't talk to randoms anymore, no one does it so no one wants to be the first), also because people start finding friends and sticking with them.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, first week of uni i was probably the worst person to try and make friends with haha and im paying for it now :D

EDIT

MQ UNI: Home of the Stalkers

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Orientation/enrolment a few days/weeks before the actual first day.

O-week, where its basically just introduction into uni life, you join clubs, get introduced etc. ( also time for us 2nd years to spot some fresh meat ;) )
I'm like, officially freaked out now.

In the possibility that I do get into Mac Uni, can I have like, a huge sign on my head saying "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME"?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Are u refering to the checking out fresh meat thing?

Don't worry glitterfairy, knowing the 2004 intake, all they do is the checking out...from really far far away. They don't do anything else besides that.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
I'm like, officially freaked out now.

In the possibility that I do get into Mac Uni, can I have like, a huge sign on my head saying "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME"?
haha dont worry we arent that bad :)

not compared to the other years who are all A BUNCH OF FREAKIN' STALKERS!!!

Haha, if you do ill try to say hi if i see you. Although you may have better luck finding me at the arcade or the bar :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
haha, first week of uni i was probably the worst person to try and make friends with haha and im paying for it now :D
new subjects next year, new people, you almost start over again

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
Don't worry glitterfairy, knowing the 2004 intake, all they do is the checking out...from really far far away. They don't do anything else besides that.
AsyLum said:
MQ UNI: Home of the Stalkers
i think that says it all :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
new subjects next year, new people, you almost start over again

i think that says it all :p
haha, i know where to sta...i mean meet people now :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uni is a blast.. especially at MQ... you'll learn to develop your stalking skills soon enough... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)