First impressions on Macquarie (2 weeks in) (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I went into Macquarie University not knowing what to expect having just finished High School. However, my first 2 weeks have been great! O-Week was fantastic, and I have met a lot of really nice people in my lectures and tutorials.

My only real worry is that Assignments, Tests and Homework are beginning to pile up now, but I guess that is only to be expected. 2% tests + assignments are a tad more annoying than not, but I guess I'll use it as a form of revision and to keep on top of my work.

Surpisingly, all my lecturers have been of top quality, and we have covered so much material over these past 2 weeks.

Yeah, so all in all, Macquarie University = amazing so far! (lol @ quick judgement after 2 weeks).

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

p.s. I hate stat171

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Glad you're enjoying it.

I did STAT170 a little while ago and to date it is the worst subject I've ever taken at Macquarie. I do hear that it's since been improved, so hopefully the people doing it this year won't have it as bad.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Glad you're enjoying it.

I did STAT170 a little while ago and to date it is the worst subject I've ever taken at Macquarie. I do hear that it's since been improved, so hopefully the people doing it this year won't have it as bad.
I liked STAT170, good subject.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Not so much the content that was my problem, but the way it was taught. Quizzes were really old school setups, textbook was really bad, reader notes weren't as comprehensive as one would like etc...

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Not so much the content that was my problem, but the way it was taught. Quizzes were really old school setups, textbook was really bad, reader notes weren't as comprehensive as one would like etc...
Well I did it sem2 of last year, and they told us that the unit would different from that semester onwards so I guess they improved it for the better.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Glad you're enjoying it.

Sorry to break it to you Azure but ... it hasn't.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
If you think you've got it bad now, spare a thought for us who did it back then. Apparently the content is put together in a more logical and easy to understand way now.

Getting given practise quizzes on a CD where there were a really limited number of questions was the most frustrating part.

I don't know, I just found it to be a really poorly put together unit. My tutor had lots of criticism and lodged many complaints.

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
I rather do stat171 again than doing stat272 now lmao

with the lecture full spamming "ITS EASY!!!" and recall formula from nowhere.

Build up your stat&maths skills now or you'll regret :D

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
What don't you like about it?
The sheer monotony of being told every week what a graph looks like and what different parts are involved in understanding it.

Haven't touched a box and whisker plot since circa Year 10. The terror. :eek:

Note: Why does MQ use Minitab? I'm so used to Excel and having to get my head around a new program is really pissing me off.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
The sheer monotony of being told every week what a graph looks like and what different parts are involved in understanding it.

Haven't touched a box and whisker plot since circa Year 10. The terror. :eek:

Note: Why does MQ use Minitab? I'm so used to Excel and having to get my head around a new program is really pissing me off.
Minitab is easy to use... They give you clear instructions on what to do.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It's still a poor program in my opinion.

A hipster's version of Excel.
I'm not an expert on this, but I was under the impression that Minitab was actually developed by the people in the know and quite powerful compared to excel...?

Also your rejection of it because of habit is actually quite silly.

FTW

HSC
I can use minitab better than excel. And I suck at using minitab... Guess that says something about my excel skills....

HSC
i saw a girl who had the biggest tits iv'e ever seen. I wondered if they were fake or real; it was just bizzard. She's like 19 years old and has bigger tits than my mum. That's just plain weird.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
i saw a girl who had the biggest tits iv'e ever seen. I wondered if they were fake or real; it was just bizzard. She's like 19 years old and has bigger tits than my mum. That's just plain weird.
Why did you compare them to your mum's tits?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)