First Week.. how was it? (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
So.. for those who had their first week how was it?
I had lots of fun this week.. in my maths and nature/development of language lectures they read us picture books.. then in my nature/development of language tute we got to read more books (one of my assignments is on 10 picture books lol). oh and in dance and drama we are doing dance for the first 6 weeks and she taught us this random partnered dance and we had to make up our own.. ahh good fun!
The walk to the station from the uni is a bitch, 20 minutes down one really long road. So i tend to drive but the parking is always full so i have to park a couple of streets away (i probably shouldnt be complaining.. at least i have somewhere to park for free all day).
I've made quite a few friends, theres a few people who have all the same tutes as me (we dont get to choose our subjects so everyone does the same). It's kinda weird being with like older people in classes too. I've made friends with a guy my brothers age (late 20s) and played pool a few times (and of course lost.. i suck at pool) and i guess its a bit of a new thing for me.
It's kinda scary getting all of the assignments in one hit (in our unit outlines) but my lecturers and tutors are all cool so they will be easy to approach if i have any issues i guess.
My timetable is good, i have thursdays off due to it being my prac day (my first morning visit to a school is on the 17th of march) but driving home 5pm on a friday afternoon sucks (if you can call it driving.. constant braking).
I hope everyone else had a positive first week experience, feel free to share stories they are fun to read =)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Haha yeh its an alright walk i guess.. it just feels so long cuz its down one really long road.. needs more turns or something to make it interesting... possibly next time i should find someone to walk back with too.
Oh and we got diaries.. i should post it up in that thread i guess.. they dont look as interesting as everyone elses

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Pffft you're nearly as bad as those whingers who catch a bus central--->usyd.

LazyBoy

HSC
withoutaface said:
Pffft you're nearly as bad as those whingers who catch a bus central--->usyd.
lol i cant understand why you would. Ive done the walk and its a very comfortable walk. Its all downhill and i get it done in 5 minutes. And the walk back is okay cause it goes quicker (for some reason) lol. and you dont notice the uphill.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't start til monday either ... but travelling to 3 campuses in 5 days via city rail ... I am asking for trouble. Other than that, I'm looking forward to going back.

bex

HSC
yeah first week was fun! i have classes on 2 days a week so its not so hectic right now.. after drinking for 5 out of the past 7 nights im ready for a detox programme!

santaslayer

HSC
my day was shit...went to some lectures...got all the subject outlines....and then went home and put all my assingment and exam dates on the calendaer.....

fuck april is so fucked....:(

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
First week for me was quite hectic! I'm at least 2 chapters behind in every single one of my subjects. Law requires a lot of reading but to get HDs you would need to read more than the prescribed material...blah!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't started classes yet.... but I have drunk an ungodly amount of Smirnoff Blacks the past few days....

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
I HATE CITYRAIL....
and i also hate the design and education faculty's lack of communication
told us we had a class from 2-5 turns out it is actually 9-12
so i travelled 2hours to newcastle for a 1 hour thing
i wouldn't even call it a lesson of any sort
but i like the uni... minus the mozzies of course

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i am so clueless
i didnt even know when i started and someone said monday
i was like..um..wtf..
so not prepared
but i guess i just need a book and a pen on my very first day?
so im sure i can do that
i cant but cant wait...
i dunno

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
haven't started yet, next week on tues is enrolment and the day after is classes, looking forward to it... but not the 10hr drive down :S

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i havent started yet but o day was okay...just looking forward to o week as well as meeting new people

mishka

HSC
N/A
i have found the first week of uni a bit daunting - getting all these unit outlines with assignments in them... and we haven't learnt enough to do them yet. i've got a bit of reading to do this weekend, but i did 2 hours of study in the library on friday!!

i've met new people, wouldn't call them friends yet, but as i get to know them better i'm sure that will change. :) tutes bring a great opportunity to meet people - because ours are allocated, you find yourself in the same tutes as a few people so it's good to know a familiar face.

i'm looking forward to my prac lecture this week - i'm pretty sure we find out which school we're going to. then i'm in there on 10th march. :D can't wait!!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha it was cool today.. like week 2 just wandering around and seeing heaps of people you know (because its such a small campus)
a bit group of us had a 2 hour break and we were just lying on the grass.. ended up turning into some kind of religious debate or something like that
when i got to the lecture this morning she was basically going over and explaining what we should have read in the past week... its like woah i like understand and i know who these theorists are!
mental note.. do readings before lectures
on wednesday im finding out what school i get to go to as part of my morning a week visits.. woohoo
oh and i got there before 8am to get on campus parking and there was one dude in the common room and we watched futurama and the simpsons on fox 8.. thats so going to turn into a weekly thing before that lecture lol (unless im behind on my reading)

Last edited:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
well i had a short first day but still managed to lose my glasses either in alecture theatre, on the bus or on the train station which brings me to the conclusion i wont get them back. bluddy things cost $200

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Donshe said:
First day today, only had one 1.5hr lecture which was fun. Then walked around just doin shit all, went and shot some pool for a couple of hours.

All good.
good thing about lecture so far is that the teacher had a personality and cracked jokes. bad thing about lecture , assignemtn already

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
First day today. It wasn't as overwhelming as expected. Made some friends and explored a little. What is overwhelming is the reading we have to do, and unfortunately I can't afford to do it in the comfort of my own home at the moment so I'll be hogging the library books! :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Today was first day as well. Quizzes for every tuesday for introduction to earth sciences - which reminds me, I should really be reading my 100 + pages of homework, instead of being on here :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)