First year physics (1 Viewer)

pythagakafermat

HSC
I'm enrolled in PHYS1001 for first semester, but I didn't do Year 12 Physics. I did really well in Year 11 physics (couldn't find the time to keep it on unfortunately), and I also did well in Maths Ext 2. After reading through the HSC syllabus and going through an Excel guide to the HSC course, it doesn't seem to result in many problems.
However, I just wanted to know whether people with experience of this course thought it would be too difficult.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You should be fine, so long as you know projectile motion and shiz.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I found that HSC Physics was quite useless when learning uni physics. Ext2 Maths does help a lot, especially all the mechanics stuff.

pythagakafermat

HSC
Excellent. Thanks for the input people. I'll still go over the HSC physics content a bit, but it's good to know the Maths Ext 2 mechanics will come in handy.

On a side note, what is the difference between the two streams in second semester of first year, i.e. technological vs environmental?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Technological is geared towards people who wish to major in physics, maths or chem, whereas environmental is geared towards people who wish to major in biology, geography, etc.

charred remains

HSC
I'm doing it, accept I took a year off last year and have forgotten about everything I learnt in school. Is anyone doing that Mastering Physics assignment stuff? I do like the idea... but I don't have a textbook handy and it's just too damn hard to work out, it's annoying.

tennille

HSC
charred remains said:
I'm doing it, accept I took a year off last year and have forgotten about everything I learnt in school. Is anyone doing that Mastering Physics assignment stuff? I do like the idea... but I don't have a textbook handy and it's just too damn hard to work out, it's annoying.
High school physics and uni physics are quite different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)