• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

First Year Physics (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey, I was thinking of doing a PHYS subject in first year as a free elective and I was wondering if anyone who did PHYS 1901 - Physics 1A (Advanced) could give a brief outline of what types of lab work is done throughout the semester. I know that the topics covered in these classes are mechanics,thermal physics,waves and chaos. The only real thing it mentions is "The laboratory work also provides an introduction to computational physics using chaos theory as the topic of study."

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
u will be using a program called matlab in phsyics lab...

u will be simulatin pendulum movement with/without damping, with/without external forcin...
the program can graph out a phase space diagram,,. when u have non-linear damped, forced oscilation, u see chaos...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
u will be using a program called matlab in phsyics lab...

u will be simulatin pendulum movement with/without damping, with/without external forcin...
the program can graph out a phase space diagram,,. when u have non-linear damped, forced oscilation, u see chaos...
Ok thanks, thats pretty cool. I guess it would be good considering im thinking of doing Matlab on its own as a subject.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Ok thanks, thats pretty cool. I guess it would be good considering im thinking of doing Matlab on its own as a subject.
lolz, awesome... =p

goin to 5th jan open day??? might see u there??? ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)