For Those Who Have Schoolied At Byron. (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Hey, myself and seven of my mates are taking the trip up to Byronia Bay for a week starting 11/12.

For those of you who went to Schoolies at Byron, what was it like? Was it party orientated? Were there many other school leavers? Obviously, there isn't the whole party week for us under 18's, but was there a large enough crowd around to muck about with?

Thanks for your replies...if they come.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
dont come...

if you do, pick ur rubbish up and dont harass locals

thankyou kindly! :p

PS...serious reply now, there will be u. 18's thru the street and on the beach

there is quite a few school leavers, but also the usual tourists

Dominic

HSC
N/A
There are some comments on Byron Bay here we stopped in on the way back from the Goldie after last year's Schoolies and if we didn't have to drive back to Sydney that night ... would have been a great place to party.

HSC
we had a crap time - but we went too early wen the hsc was still on and had a house full of wankers - there was only one other house of schoolies people there and the guys in our house started a fight with them and got their asses kicked on the first night! the locals will hate u, the hippies will love u. the hippies were total champs- lots of beach parties and such. byron's potentially a good time, just depends when u go and who u go with. definately a good place to go with the underaged - no one's gonna card u at a beach party

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I love Byron Bay so myself and 11 other girls went, but if you want to really enjoy the experience, go with people you know you're not going to argue with.

sd1800

HSC
yo im considering going to byron but when is "the week" to go. When is the week the majority of school leavers are going to be there?

HSC
i would think the first two weeks after exams finish would be ideal - same as queensland

stazi

Nightman
HSC
27th of november week last year had the most people I think.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
miaomiao said:
We went to Byron in the last week when everyone was packing up and leaving or had already left. It was crap... it rained everyday and everyone got sick. We did lots of drugs and got really drunk everyday though... so the duty of schoolies was fulfilled i guess. :/
Theres this place called the 3 moneys or twleve monkeys or something monkeys which my friends couldn't get enough of. Dont go there! Its the sleaziest sweat filled hole of a 'club' I've ever been to. If you are a girl there is a 90% chance you will get sleazy old 30 year old men trying to feel you up or at least hit on you... all that said I'm sure youll have a better time than me, Bon Voyage! :)
the club is called 'cheeky monkeys'....and its great!!! u hardly EVER get hit on by old men

BeastieBoy

HSC
i'm going to be so shitty if it rains everyday. do all the bottle-os in town jack up the prices for schoolies?

HSC
We're going up the week starting on the 3rd December. I heard the week before is generally bigger, but we couldn't get any accommodation that early. I've heard good things though.

dramaqueen462

WOAH YEAH!!! Me and my girls are heading down to a beach house at Byron! I'm so excited!! We know how to have fun me and my gurls so no matter what it'll be sweet! and if nothings on....just giving u a bit of notice...PARTY AT OURS :d

sd1800

HSC
miaomiao said:
We did lots of drugs
OMG!!!UR SO COOL!!!11!!

fucking junkie moron. and you brag about it like we are meant to be impressed........

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
YES, alcohol prices increased significantly, buy ur alcohol before u come
spirits are your best bet since you wont be able to bring up twenty cases of Teds.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sd1800 said:
OMG!!!UR SO COOL!!!11!!

fucking junkie moron. and you brag about it like we are meant to be impressed........
I don't think he tried to make people think they're cool. Just like everyone is saying "omg, we drank so much. all of us like passed out" and no one bats an eyelash. However, when someone says within a long post that they drank alcohol and did drugs (which lets admit seems to be one of the prerequisites for schoolies) all of a sudden you single out the drugs part and call them a junkie moron.

sd1800

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
I don't think he tried to make people think they're cool. Just like everyone is saying "omg, we drank so much. all of us like passed out" and no one bats an eyelash. However, when someone says within a long post that they drank alcohol and did drugs (which lets admit seems to be one of the prerequisites for schoolies) all of a sudden you single out the drugs part and call them a junkie moron.
drugs are different to alcohol. abit of pot here or pop a pill at a rave or something i wouldn't really make a big deal about but "taking drugs" inplying something more serious than pot, just because u were bored and had nothing to do, is alot different than saying you got wasted off alcohol at schoolies.

you wouldn't see me doing drugs just to be cool and to fit in at schoolies. thats for fools and they will realise that one day

BeastieBoy

HSC
sd1800 said:
drugs are different to alcohol. abit of pot here or pop a pill at a rave or something i wouldn't really make a big deal about but "taking drugs" inplying something more serious than pot, just because u were bored and had nothing to do, is alot different than saying you got wasted off alcohol at schoolies.

you wouldn't see me doing drugs just to be cool and to fit in at schoolies. thats for fools and they will realise that one day
yeah i get what you mean. i dont care if people do drugs, but if people need hard drugs just to have fun i have no respect for them.

so how much extra would a case of beer be up at byron compared to here? i dont' want to take up too much spirits cos i'm more of a beer man. reckon we could get a discount if we bought say... 20 cases?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah they might give a discount if u brought that many cartons, but maybe not too...they know you have to buy it anyway...

if you're that upset about it, go for a 1/2 hour drive to a surrounding town (if you have car, or could be bothered to take a bus)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)