formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

HSC
where to find formal dresses?

hey i was wondering if anyone knew any good places in sydney to find formal wear... everything that i've seen so far is the conventional long flowy dresses or the typical strapless top and long skirt...i'd really like to wear something a bit different...and if anyone knows any outlet places that would be great too

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Studibaker.
very expensive, but its so worth it.
they have the most fucking gorgeous dresses there EVAH!

Lennie

I havent been dress shopping in ages :rolleyes: , but if your after something non-conventional, i can only reccomend myer (check out the miss shop section) and david jones. They have some really nice, sometimes inexpensive dresses there. But otherwise review is okay.
hope ive helped in some way :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
I havent been dress shopping in ages :rolleyes: , but if your after something non-conventional, i can only reccomend myer (check out the miss shop section) and david jones. They have some really nice, sometimes inexpensive dresses there. But otherwise review is okay.
got the most gorgeous dress at review. it's marilyn monroe-esque and wasn't too expensive.

also got this cool linen corset dress there a lil while ago.

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
wherbouts is review?

Lennie

What area are you in?
Warringah mall, chatswood chase.... (thats all i know :confused: )
but im sure they have a website.
just be prepared to spend a bit of money ;) :uhhuh: , but its worth it, some of their stuff is gorgeous. :D :uhhuh:

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
robbie cranfield are sold at alot of formal dress places

i saw this gorgeous dress by RC at this place i went shopping but i forget where :(

theyre so gorgeous, figure hugging, covered in beading and sequins!! lovely!!and def studibaker, theyre not too expensive, i got a gorgeous bright blue one by studibaker.....picture here: formal dress
im the one in the bright blue on the right...the dress is backless :)

HSC
twisted_emily said:
robbie cranfield are sold at alot of formal dress places

i saw this gorgeous dress by RC at this place i went shopping but i forget where :(

theyre so gorgeous, figure hugging, covered in beading and sequins!! lovely!!and def studibaker, theyre not too expensive, i got a gorgeous bright blue one by studibaker.....picture here: formal dress
im the one in the bright blue on the right...the dress is backless :)
thats reely nice

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
What area are you in?
Warringah mall, chatswood chase.... (thats all i know :confused: )
but im sure they have a website.
just be prepared to spend a bit of money ;) :uhhuh: , but its worth it, some of their stuff is gorgeous. :D :uhhuh:
im in the western suburbs but i'll travel far and wide (well all round sydney) to get something i like.. thanx for that i'll check it out

HSC
downward_spiral said:
hey i was wondering if anyone knew any good places in sydney to find formal wear... everything that i've seen so far is the conventional long flowy dresses or the typical strapless top and long skirt...i'd really like to wear something a bit different...and if anyone knows any outlet places that would be great too
Maybe you could try 'bare' by Rebecca Davies or a Alannah Hill store. They're quite... original...

If you like cocktail dresses, you can go for designers like Morrissey, Cooper or (heaven forbid) stores like New York or Sheike.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
*me thinks tere should be a formal forum like there is a schoolies one. formal threads are popping up everywhere

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
DON'T DO IT!!

IT WILL BE 'OUT OF SEASON' IN ABOUT A MONTH, AND YOU'LL NEVER WEAR IT AGAIN!!
hahah not onyl that, you'll show up with a dress that 15 other girls at the formal will have.

At my sisters 1998 NSGHS formal about 20 girls had the same 'keyhole' harts dress, it was quite hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)