Formal (1 Viewer)

roo

HSC
ooh woow.. formal post!! :D havent thought about that in soo long 'cause of trials.. *sigh*

ours is on november 16th at the ritz carlton, double bay. the day after hsc finishes :( so im going to look all fat and not fit in my dress with big bags under my eyes.. *boo hoo*

how bout everybody else?? anyone got their dresses yet??

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes dahhhrling mine is pink!!!

ahaha im a guy so i have absolute no idea wtf im doing. i dont even know where ours is. i just know that its about a week after hsc? most of us guys will probably just go and buy a suit the day before or something...we got it easy!

oh that sux, having the formal striahgt after hsc...thats a bit weird cos everyone would be all tired and buggered and stuff!!
but its good cos its a saturday night so the city will be like all live and stuff. i think ours is on a weekday so it kinda sux..

roo

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
yes dahhhrling mine is pink!!!

ahaha im a guy so i have absolute no idea wtf im doing. i dont even know where ours is. i just know that its about a week after hsc? most of us guys will probably just go and buy a suit the day before or something...we got it easy!

oh that sux, having the formal striahgt after hsc...thats a bit weird cos everyone would be all tired and buggered and stuff!!
but its good cos its a saturday night so the city will be like all live and stuff. i think ours is on a weekday so it kinda sux..
weell being a rusie boy, u never know..! :p jk

i was referring to the girls duuh! guys have it so easy.. just wear the same thing every year looking like a penguin. *sigh* and our shoes.. ohh the shoes..

rusti

well SOORRY, c'mon guys move out obvioulsy your not welcome here.

our formal is at the curzon hall on the 14th nov.

im prob getting a turboed mazda sp20, with spider-man airbrushed on the bonnet.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by roo

weell being a rusie boy, u never know..! :p jk
haha!...actually...i dont get what you mean!! im a dumbarse! :confused:

curzon hall, we were gonna go there too. but then i think most of us realised that although its like nice and pretty and stuff, its in the middle of nowhere (i.e not in the city) so after-parties would be a bitch to organise.

roo

HSC

haha!...actually...i dont get what you mean!! im a dumbarse! :confused:

curzon hall, we were gonna go there too. but then i think most of us realised that although its like nice and pretty and stuff, its in the middle of nowhere (i.e not in the city) so after-parties would be a bitch to organise.
*sigh* james ruse duh :p ur from ruse right?! lol.. i remember u saying u were..

Doylie

hey rusti and johnson, what schools are you guys from? we are having ours at curzon hall... we looked at heaps of places in the city but anywhere with a decent enough view you needed like minimum 230/250 people, which we wouldnt have been able to get, or it cost way too much.. I think the MCA quoted us like $150 a ticket or something? Which was about the most basic, un-accessorised version we could do..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
ooh hey the mca would've been a really nice place to go to! like it has nice views and is in the middle of everywhere, cept i think the function place is kinda dodgy...

hi doylie. im from james ruse. don't get any mis-conceptions (am i using this word right?!) though, we're not, or most of us are not, nerdy guys and girls carrying heavy books wearing glasses (though i do wear glasses. and fell over a log in year 7 when i was carrying a maths book...argh the painful memories...)

anyway roo...i am still a lost bum!!
what will i never know cos im a rusie?!?!?!?!!??!?! i am tormenting myself tring to figure wtf u mean! thats what sux about the net, you can't see peoples body and facial exp's so you don't know wtf they're on about!

ahah obviously i aint the smartest critter around...

-jian

roo

HSC

anyway roo...i am still a lost bum!!
what will i never know cos im a rusie?!?!?!?!!??!?! i am tormenting myself tring to figure wtf u mean! thats what sux about the net, you can't see peoples body and facial exp's so you don't know wtf they're on about!

ahah obviously i aint the smartest critter around...

-jian
what huh? ur confoosing me now.. :mad: :p

wheres curzon hall? sounds pretty popular..

jenster

ahhh i love formals! formals and schoolies are the only things i seem to talk about since trials started...
Curzon Hall is really nice, very elegant. except the one i went to was is marsfield. i had a father/daughter dinner there earlier this year. monte has so many traditions but it's fine by me, it just means i get to dress up more often!
our formal is in september at dockside, cocklebay. i've never been to a function there so i'm hoping it's pretty and perfect like all formals should be...
i already have my dress, shoes, earings, bag etc etc... i bought the dress last year, yeah i've been waiting a good 18 years for this formal of mine!
i don't think guys understand just how important formals are to girls. it's the whole reason for finishing high school, well that and that uai thing...

anyway i hope everyone has fun!

roo

HSC
Originally posted by jenster

our formal is in september at dockside, cocklebay. i've never been to a function there so i'm hoping it's pretty and perfect like all formals should be...
i already have my dress, shoes, earings, bag etc etc... i bought the dress last year, yeah i've been waiting a good 18 years for this formal of mine!
i don't think guys understand just how important formals are to girls. it's the whole reason for finishing high school, well that and that uai thing...

anyway i hope everyone has fun!
dockside cockle bay.. we had our yr 11 formal there last year and oh my god was it bad.. sorry to be not nice, but the amount we paid wasnt worth it.
we had it at 'the balcony' or whatever its called, it was pretty small but i think there are other function rooms.. everyone was SQUISHED on the dance floor; about 250 ppl went..

it had nice views and stuff tho, but a lot of palm trees in the way.. lol

i agree with you about the reason to finish high school.. its time to celbrate with ur grade for the last time and should be a memorable event. ;)

i've bought my outfit too, last summer but ive grown so i have to get it altered, but uh it cant.. so im kinda screwed lol..

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo
guys have it so easy.. just wear the same thing every year looking like a penguin.
i'll admit that girls have a harder ob, but we still need to look for a decent suit --if everyone comes in the same ole black-and-white-boring-tie job then it'll suck. i need something interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)