Foundations 3 (1 Viewer)

Try Hard

HSC
N/A
I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion of the second part of this. It's a rotten question and really doesn't seem to have much to do with the syllabus. "Evaluate the solutions.......". Just dumb. I wrote some stuff about it depends on your own point of view and experience of religion/non-religion....crap like that. I just can't see how this relates to the syllabus.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Try Hard said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion of the second part of this. It's a rotten question and really doesn't seem to have much to do with the syllabus. "Evaluate the solutions.......". Just dumb. I wrote some stuff about it depends on your own point of view and experience of religion/non-religion....crap like that. I just can't see how this relates to the syllabus.
Students learn to:
∑ examine the place and importance of beliefs and belief systems in human experience
∑ compare and contrast the beliefs and action/activity of ONE secular/non-religious perspective with that of ONE religious tradition considering at least the following (where perspectives are relevant and clear on this/these issue(s)):
- beliefs:
- the origin of the universe
- life after physical death
- the view of the human person
- material accumulation and possessions
- action/activity:
- environmental concerns and sustainability
- social responsibility
- community involvement and outreach
- daily/weekly/monthly/yearly rhythms of life
I would say there is a very clear link to the syllabus...cant ask it if it isnt in it!.

ie the second major point with reference to the specific examples....similar to the 'ad' used in the exam....

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I dont know - i agree with Try Hard it was a really really weird link to the syllubus for REligion and the media cuase it says u need to study a comparision b/w Christianity and either Atheism/Humansim or Angnocism

it did however have ties with a dot point in the Christianity in Aust from 1901-present - um something about growth of new age religions...

but ur streching it to justify its inclusion in the media section

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
MissSavage29 said:
I dont know - i agree with Try Hard it was a really really weird link to the syllubus for REligion and the media cuase it says u need to study a comparision b/w Christianity and either Atheism/Humansim or Angnocism

it did however have ties with a dot point in the Christianity in Aust from 1901-present - um something about growth of new age religions...

but ur streching it to justify its inclusion in the media section
Im not saying it wasnt a difficult question (me personally-I dont like the non-religion question as you dont know where its going to come from from) but my point is that it is in the syllabus.

The question asked "Evaluate such non-religious solutions to the questions asked in the advertisement shown" It even lists things like love, career, happiness etc in the leading statement (which were echoed in the ad and fit perfectly the compulsory examples to be studied from the syllabus ie the dash points).
This question is the second dot point from the syllabus ie
compare and contrast the beliefs and action/activity of ONE secular/non-religious perspective with that of ONE religious tradition considering at least the following (where perspectives are relevant and clear on this/these issue(s)):
You will find that the marking criteria will probably state that better answers will compare to a chosen tradition to show an understanding of the issues (or something similar)

BTW they wouldnt ask a question for non-religion that ties in with/comes from 'influence of religion in Oz 1901+'....trust me, these things are checked and double checked as a matter of fairness to 1 unit students...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)