Free ebooks and online texts (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I never knew that. I only found out books could be read without holding a book when I saw the iphone apps add. Lol, i'm so behind the times.

eilys close

HSC
Sorry, just a question: Do people actually read these e-books online? Printing every sheet isn't financially viable, whilst reading dead straight from the computer isn't really a healthy option as well?
There are devices such as these that (while not available in stores in Aus, can be bought online) that act very much like a personal, portable library contained in one book - there is a single screen that displays the page. They don't use back-lit screens, but a special technology called "e-ink". You may have heard of the "Kindle" - this is one of these devices, which are becoming increasingly popular in the US. That is how many people deal with reading ebooks, or they use their smart phones.

I myself am looking forward to a look at the new iRex DSG and Plastic Logic's Que - both to release at the CES conference in the US January 2010 -and hopefully will be getting mine before May 2010 (oh please). Unless Apple decides to release a model in 2010 (there are tiny rumours).

chlololoco

HSC
Uni Grad
fictionbooksbay.com but you need a torrent client :)
i get so many good books from there..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)