from day to night (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
Hey fashion gurus!
i need an outfit to wear to work that i can continue to wear out that night...
i was thinking jeans and a top and throw on heels at night?

BUT heres the catch.. ive been roped into going speed dating (it means free dinner and drinks!!!) so i have to be able to look nice!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
nice dark slim jeans with a black top that you can throw some dangly earings/sparkly necklace and some hot heels on with a lick of gloss - instant night ;)

shortie_689

HSC
only problem is dont u feel like u are so dirty by the end of the day u just wanna get changed i say take an outfit to work get changed there an leave ur day clothes there an pick them up the next day thats what i do when i go out from work

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
if you work in a corporate-y environment then i think you could wear a simple dress with a blazer or cardican on top and closed shoes or court shoes, and then at night you could wear heels and a bolero and add some red lipstick and jewelry.

if you work at a more casual place then nice jeans and a top could work with a change into heels or sandals at night.

it really depends on what the dress standard is for your work.

bex

HSC
at an advertising agency in the city.. the dress code is smart casual.. its right near world square so i might duck down there on my lunch break and see what i can find... thanks guys!

HSC
If your workplace isn't too formal, you're lucky because you can practically wear anything!

When in doubt, go with what Alley says, because she's right :uhhuh:
I'd go with a fitted dress and a blazer. Guys tend to think girls wearing cardis look like grannies.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
shortie_689 said:
only problem is dont u feel like u are so dirty by the end of the day u just wanna get changed i say take an outfit to work get changed there an leave ur day clothes there an pick them up the next day thats what i do when i go out from work
Thats what i do... i'm usually pretty rank after work just with sweat and dirt hence I always get changed completely.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
If your workplace isn't too formal, you're lucky because you can practically wear anything!

When in doubt, go with what Alley says, because she's right :uhhuh:
I'd go with a fitted dress and a blazer. Guys tend to think girls wearing cardis look like grannies.
thanks *blush*...

i think some cardigans are granny-ish, but a nice fitted cardigan with a dress can look really cute, sort of 50's inspired. i jazz up all my old dresses by wearing them with cropped cardis.

and i agree natstar. accessorising properly can make the same clothes last twice as long, especially if youre the kind of person who buys simple staple clothing.

bex

HSC
i agree with you both.. im a staple person.. its the most flattering on my figure.. i wish i could get away with more 'hot right now' kinda stuff.. like those dresses in the other thread but accessories and shoes are my life!

HSC
N/A
Another important tip - re-do your hair and makeup! That's another thing that can really jazz up your look without too much effort :)

bex

HSC
woah thats cool! apparently you can get an adapter that does that sort of thing with any appliance..

the best on the go item is MAKE UP REMOVER WIPES i always have a pack in my work bag.. they not only take off the makeup so you can replenish it but they make you feel all nice and refreshed

bex

HSC
it was soooooo fun! a really good night and even some hotties too! Most of the guys were cool.. i recommend it to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)