From Quanta To Quarks: General Thoughts Discussion (1 Viewer)

qwe_r1

HSC
How did everyone feel about the Quanta section?

qwe_r1

HSC
The role of conservation laws where Pauli's prediction of the Neutrino and Chadwicks discovery of the neutron?

karimingo

HSC
yes bro i explained how chadwick discovered the neutron how he used law of energy twice and momentum once... and then i talked about pauli's prediction.... easy 5 marks overall the question quanta to quarks was like writing a history or english essay

EinstenICEBERG

Einstein V2
HSC
The role of conservation laws where Pauli's prediction of the Neutrino and Chadwicks discovery of the neutron?
you could also talk about finding the missing mass of neutron in fermi's nuclear fission reaction, finding STRONG nuclear force to compensate the imbalance of electrostatic + gravitation attraction and also one more ^^

qwe_r1

HSC
Question:

the internal structure of a proton and neutron, did you have to talk about flavour of the quarks or was that extra?

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Last question was very nicE :)

deswa1

HSC
Question:

the internal structure of a proton and neutron, did you have to talk about flavour of the quarks or was that extra?
I wrote about how proton= 2u and 1d and neutron = 2d and 1u.

Up has a charge of +2/3 and down has a charge of -1/3 so this determines their charges. Also, down weighs more than up which is why a neutron is heavier than a proton

qwe_r1

HSC
I wrote about how proton= 2u and 1d and neutron = 2d and 1u.

Up has a charge of +2/3 and down has a charge of -1/3 so this determines their charges. Also, down weighs more than up which is why a neutron is heavier than a proton
it is a 2 mark question so thats all you probably need. flavour just shows they interact with the strong force

ClassicFine

HSC
How much did you guys write? I've heard of ppl writing 14+ pages for the quanta section with me only writing 4, completing both booklets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)