gae (1 Viewer)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
a giraffe? How? i don't get it, she's kinda short from memory...

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
It's the neck! We were watching some video in class and there she was, her neck taking up two-thirds of the screen. Oh great, now i getting images of a short person with a really long neck! Is it just me or would that look weird?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
it would look like gae callender.
*shudder*
im sure our teacher has had some sort of love affair with her in the past...for example, i was talking to da harpy the other day, asking her something bout egypt and i was sure that my order of events was right - but she wouldnt agree with me, kept saying that she would know better than me etc. however, i, suddenly finding inspiration, went "But I was reading an article by Callender in a recent KMT journal and she said that this was the corect order of events." the harpy stood in stunned silence for a second before going "Oh, is that what you said...i thought you said...but surely...no, if she said it...oh, you must be right. Gae would know after all."

ah yes, the great gae callender. she IS egypt.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
So yeah, i really don't see how anyone could possibly NOT like her. She is the pinnacle of knowledge; she is gae callender!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
hehehe, giraffe lady! I believe that was my theory, but hey, as long as it gets mingled, maybe A P Lewis agrees with me.....

She is just a stupid historian! I dont think anything she says (other than that stupid aten theory) is different to what other historians say, stupid historiography.....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Gae Callender ?

Never heard of her, but if you want controversial historians, david irving and keith windschuttle have my vote.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ahh, hmm, she didnt write a book about feminism did she ? i forgot who wrote that but we killed her sorry ass in our hsc last year, which btw i have uploaded, hopefully if the admins could fast track that, you guys/gals can have a look at it if you havent already.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
feminism? maybe, im not sure. we use her in minoans and in egypt...and in egypt...and in egypt.
ahem
according to our dearest harpy she eats, breathes and sleeps egypt every year. therefore, she IS egypt. or a friggin nutcase, however you wish to look at it!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe, im not really an egypt fan, it just never interest me.

Other aspects though im pretty well into, doing Rome and myth this year for uni, done assyria, macedonia, roman empire for HSC and know about aztecs, babylonians and most of that area :)

Although im slowly expanding that miniscule knowledge.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
miniscule knowledge huh.
wanna sit my hsc exam 4 me...plz...:D
geez, if thats miniscule knowledge than i hate to think what mine would be calssified as! itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny?
ugh. sounds like something from some damn nursery-rhyme!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe, the more i learn the more i realise i know nothing

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
*shocked silence*
you don't know gae callender?!?! please tell me you don't study egypt or minoans. please. it's just pure torture to imagine that someone else was able to do both these options without having callender drilled into their little brains for two years. eek.
...someone exists who hasn't heard of gae callender...the mind boggles.

anyway, callender is a highly respected (though incrediably boring) egyptologist. she writes lots of textbooks and articles in history mags (KMT etc.), does on-site work at digs in egypt every year, gives lectures to senior students and teachers on latest evidence and theories etc.

Demandred

HSC
I've been told by my teacher that she was the first person to write the book based on the HSC syllabus, she did mentioned that her book was quickly rushed so that it can be introduced with the new syllabas as there weren't any other books which satisfied the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)