GET FREE

HSC
Where are you kids hiding?

How did you find it?

How did you find the stimulus picture?

It made me swear.

janaranaran!

HSC
really? i thought it was all right. I didn't use the war thing literally, just as a metaphor for conflict resulting from gendered language....basically able to use my prepared one with some added goodness.

so pleased.

the essssay was good too

GET FREE

HSC
The essay question was good. I usually hate them.

But I had a planned narrative that was so far off the stimulus. I really struggled to mould it. It was terrible.

HSC
GET FREE said:
Where are you kids hiding?

How did you find it?

How did you find the stimulus picture?

It made me swear.
1) Only 70 kids in the state do it, so we're not going to be obvious.

2) Pretty straight forward.

3) Stimulus was great. Usually they give us an image shared with acts of reading and writing which is always aimed at them because its considered the harder module. This years was the best ever, I grabbed onto the concept of words (language) being like weapons (missiles, attacking)

The essay was annoying, because it asked how 'gendered language' explored the workings of power (that is, how power is weilded) and the different angles (male, female, a conflation of both) which can be used to achieve it.

It was irratating because its a knowledge of the fluidity of gendered language, not 'gendered language' itself which allows an individual to realise these elements. They didn't attach a word like 'fluidity' though cause it would just confuse the rest of the state.

janaranaran!

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
1) Only 70 kids in the state do it, so we're not going to be obvious.

2) Pretty straight forward.

3) Stimulus was great. Usually they give us an image shared with acts of reading and writing which is always aimed at them because its considered the harder module. This years was the best ever, I grabbed onto the concept of words (language) being like weapons (missiles, attacking)

The essay was annoying, because it asked how 'gendered language' explored the workings of power (that is, how power is weilded) and the different angles (male, female, a conflation of both) which can be used to achieve it.

It was irratating because its a knowledge of the fluidity of gendered language, not 'gendered language' itself which allows an individual to realise these elements. They didn't attach a word like 'fluidity' though cause it would just confuse the rest of the state.

yeah but it did say 'to what extent' so I'm sure they would have appreciated you including a discussion of fluidity

frozenorchid

HSC
Wow. I am a tad suprised by the limited threads for us gender folk!
Oliver is that you? you cannibal/rat you!

I thought the essay question was generic - and did (fortunately) support the thesis I had developed throughout the year *phew*

As for the creative section...I of course did not use my first thought (of war lol) and went with some values and characters I had written about prior to the exam.

All in all, a fair exam :)

HSC
frozenorchid said:
Wow. I am a tad suprised by the limited threads for us gender folk!
Oliver is that you? you cannibal/rat you!

I thought the essay question was generic - and did (fortunately) support the thesis I had developed throughout the year *phew*

As for the creative section...I of course did not use my first thought (of war lol) and went with some values and characters I had written about prior to the exam.

All in all, a fair exam :)
Hello Lily, long time no speak. Bring back your myspace :p

There's a limit of threads because there's about 70 of us, we're one of the smallest electives.

Yes the question was generic, and certainly the stimulus was good.

btw Lily I decided against UTS (although I got an offer for a college) and will only move down to Sydney if I get into USyd (unlikely) otherwise its Newcastle for me. Yay.

Oh and I made amanda chlode cry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)