Gendered Language (1 Viewer)

Shanjuan

Did anyone else do this module? I thought the questions were ok but I couldn't get all my ideas out.

:eek: :chainsaw:
Deborah tannen will pay!

RiNi

hmm...

he he he i thort the essay question thing was bizarre - likr wots it w/ da "femspeak" and "blokespeak"????
why did they take so long to ask a simple question? it wud have made my 2 hrs so much easier
i liked da debating question tho but i didnt make up a persona
-oh - but i accidently called myself a guy so i thort...hey... i just developed a persona...

im jus glad its over

RiNi

where do i come from?

he he
i go to christian community high
and theres only 2 ppl incouding me doing eng ext!
he he - i luv our class

wot about u?
wot skool do u go to?

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
I HATE TANNEN

Ok...whose with me!

Lets burn Tannen then write a book called "You just don't understand gendered language"

:mad:

Also, did any boy schools do this blasted modlue...cause it seemed like feminism to me.

:argue:

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
GUILTY

OK Shanan,

Just don't let Ms K see the message...
Do u know if they r doing Tannen for next yr.

Poor people

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I'm (unfortunately) doing gendered language and we have to read that Tannen book. Yeah I agree with the feminism comment - I go to an all girls school and they seem to think they're assisting us by doing some feminist type thing?! Prelim. course we did a battle of the sexes type crap, I'm sick of this stuff !!!!! Another year of gendered language... noooooo, please give me some hope and tell me it gets better?

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
Maybe

It gets better depending on the teacher and whether or not you enjoy it.

You did GL for prelim? We did "the voice of dissent". It was a similar feminist crap thingy.

What school r u from? Here's a suggestion - if by some miracle u find a boys school or a coed school, share opinions on GL so that you have a different P.O.V.
Also, start looking for related material EARLY otherwise u will run out of time. Use these hols to ur advantage.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Seems we have two gendered language things going hehe. Well the teacher we had first term yr 12 left a lot to be desired. We're getting a new teacher for this year who's taught it before.

For prelim we did The Taming of the Shrew and 10 Things I Hate About You focusing on the battle of the sexes thing (like I mentioned before), but it was very much feminist rah rah I thought! :p At the beginning I enjoyed it.. then I got sick of it.

I go to Beverly Hills Girls' and no other school I know of yet is doing GL.

Related material?? I'm gonna die!!!!! Argh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)