General Mathematics texbook (1 Viewer)

dani01

HSC
Hey guys just wondering what book edition I should buy. I'm doing the standard Maths course year 12 and don't know what to buy. I'm aware that those answering will probably not have any experience with the standard textbook since I'm in the first year 12 cohort to do it but just overall what do you guys reccommend or what are the best textbook for Maths?

Cambridge, Oxford, Pearson, Jacaaranda?
Or even if there are any articles online about the best textbooks if you could link in down below that would be great. Thanks!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mathsquest(Jacaranda) although probably one of the best ones on the market, does have the negative fact that a lot of the answers are incorrect at the back of the textbook.

New Century Maths (Cenage/Nelson) is also a decent textbook and has fewer mistakes in the answers.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Cambridge has some interesting questions but they aren't really HSC type questions in my opinion. I have not had experience with Terry Lee.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've only seen sample chapters for Oxford Insight but it looks alright and similar to Mathsquest.

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
The oxford insight books are really good! 2nd favourite would be Jacaranda but like mentioned earlier they do have a lot mistakes but I always got my teacher to help me out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)