General Maths scaleing and explanation PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

Robert422

HSC
Okay Look i personally based on the answers provided on this site got between 60 - 70% on that test! everyone here saying they got 90%+ is giveing me a really bad impression and makeing me feel very bad about the whole hsc result in general. I am 5/38 in my school assesment and people at my school found it challengeing either we did poorly or the whole state did so much better then us :( i certainly hope not and anybody out there that could perhaps increase my self esiteme and expectation from the the test would be appreciated AND also give there thoughts on the test and its scaleing, or possible scaleing. Is say low 60's okay? will it be scaled down? left alone or what? i have seen alot of english exams RAW marks get serverly scaled 72/105 gives a mid band 5! etc. General maths wont be the same as i know but i hope it at least increases slightly. The majority of people out there would have preformed badly and how does your exam marks get moderated based on school performace by students ranking and so on? explaination of this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Robert422

Please reply! honest answers appreciated!

danieljarvis

HSC
well robert.. sory but going by that tests responses i got 99.. but i worked hard all year and got 96 in trials, 95 in half yearlies etc.

but you have to realise, people who come to this site and use these forums are generally the people who are intent on getting the top marks. If you look through the site after the exams there was 50 std english people to 180 odd advanced looking through their forums, and similar for after the maths exam even accounting the time differences in exams.
also, people who come and see all these top students saying how they smashed a band 6 and thoguht it was an easy paper will get intimidated and just leave without posting through fears of embarrassment.

After my exam, i didnt speak to many people but i did see in the exam many students ripping up paper, scribbling out entire pages and getting very frustrated. The marks this year will mostl ikely fall very similarly to last years results with 3% of people actually getting a band 6, i suspect many people posting will get an awakening when they see their results.

dont get yourself down about it buddy.. as for scaling of your mark, i wouldnt know.. and nobody else would know accurately either. time will tell

Robert422

HSC
Thanks mate, ill have to just make it up in my other exams :) maths is just not a subject i enjoy i am hopeing for a high advanced english mark that may componsateing for the rather lowish mark i got in general maths (possibly, working out unknow)....hopefully as for what you said about the top students on the site id agree with that and these people are the, well mosty the elite or closs to it so that makes me feel better cause i am sure being general alot of people flunked, didnt attempt or couldnt handle it and why woudl they post something if they performed badly? except myself, lol Thanks again and ill have to wait and see :)

King Regards,

Robert422

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)