general maths (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
exam mark 94, assessment mark 92 - HSC mark 93 BAND 6 yay

Karlz04

HSC
Those who got marks in the 90s, did they help your uai?

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Get this right - I dropped down into general 4 weeks before the HSC, after the trials. So therefore I never did a school based assesment on maths and so the school somehow got 77 as my assesment mark - dont know how maybe they gave me average or something. Anyway, my examination mark was 84 which is a pretty big difference - well I think anyway 7 marks! But because of my assesment mark my HSC mark ended up being 81 - luckily just band 5. I mean im happy with that - since i thought i did really bad, but its annoying that the school didnt have faith in me, lol. I mean i did drop from 2 unit maths!!!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My school received 4 band 6s in general which is pretty good considering last year we only had 1. And it helped those that got them in their UAI a great deal

mz_200sx

i got 91 for exam mark and 88 for assesment mark
hsc mark= 90
band 6 and name in the paper.......wohoo
it helped my uai........that was the only mark above my uai mark (88.2) so im guessing it pulled it up quite a bit

superbird

HSC
pussy_cat said:
Get this right - I dropped down into general 4 weeks before the HSC, after the trials. So therefore I never did a school based assesment on maths and so the school somehow got 77 as my assesment mark - dont know how maybe they gave me average or something. Anyway, my examination mark was 84 which is a pretty big difference - well I think anyway 7 marks! But because of my assesment mark my HSC mark ended up being 81 - luckily just band 5. I mean im happy with that - since i thought i did really bad, but its annoying that the school didnt have faith in me, lol. I mean i did drop from 2 unit maths!!!
I dont think the school is allowed to do that

mathewf

I got 96 for both assessment and hsc, 96 & band 6. Didn't do a great deal for my uai tho.

ZabZu

HSC
Karlz04 said:
Those who got marks in the 90s, did they help your uai?
I reckon general helped my uai considering my second best mark was 84 in modern history. But overall im not really happy with my uai.

Karlz04

HSC
ZabZu said:
I reckon general helped my uai considering my second best mark was 84 in modern history. But overall im not really happy with my uai.
Thanks. Im not really happy with my uai either. I was told general would pull the uai down so I did mathematics. I dont really like maths and I didnt put too much effort into it. Didnt end up going well, and guess what pulled my uai down?!

Kulazzi

HSC
Karlz04 said:
Thanks. Im not really happy with my uai either. I was told general would pull the uai down so I did mathematics. I dont really like maths and I didnt put too much effort into it. Didnt end up going well, and guess what pulled my uai down?!
I was thinking of going down to general for 2005 but then my older brother and sister told me that it would pull me down cos it also depends on what everyone else got in the grade. So if I go down to general, I would definitely get scaled down however if i stay on mathematics, then it would pull me up a little. I don't know, I'm so confused about all this scaling crap, but I think I should stay on to mathematics cos I'm still (thankfully and barely) passing.

Karlz04

HSC
Kulazzi said:
I was thinking of going down to general for 2005 but then my older brother and sister told me that it would pull me down cos it also depends on what everyone else got in the grade. So if I go down to general, I would definitely get scaled down however if i stay on mathematics, then it would pull me up a little. I don't know, I'm so confused about all this scaling crap, but I think I should stay on to mathematics cos I'm still (thankfully and barely) passing.
I got 67 for my HSC mark for mathematics. Im confident I could have got at least mid 80 in general. Anyway, my maths mark was scaled down. Not sure how far but it was enough for it to not be included in my UAI.

Karlz04

HSC
grk_styl said:
I got internal 96 and exam 91 = 94, band 6

yes i think it helped my uai. coz the 94 put me in the top percentile or something. I dunno, I wasn't paying much attention when my brother told me.
Lol. Thanks. I really considering doing general through tafe next year.

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
Assesment mark 96 Exam 93 Mark: 95 Band 6 :)

I think it helped ( i'm assuming so as it was my only mark over my UAI 91.85)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)