General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

dudsmlc

HSC
I stuffed up the 10 marker in P+H. I forgot to mention Maiuri/Francisis/Guzzo etc etc D:
Overall, the paper actually wasn't that bad. Agrippina (a) threw me a bit and I took a while to get my head around the Greece 500-440BC question....but got there in the end I think. It is scary reading all these potential high marks.....

A-Nonentity

HSC
10 Mark on P& H screwed me over a bit but that and Xerxes military achievements is were i lost my marks I think i may be able to get a band six, but it depends on how they mark it compared to my school i guess...

HelenaJean

HSC
i loved it. The questions were sooo fair.
i still wasn't prepared, i'd given up on it a while back as it's easily gunna be my 11th and 12th unit but holy shit it was a nice paper.

P+H = pretty good. It was actually a bit boring to write about i found ;P
Sparta = fucking excellent. LOVED IT!
Persian wars = no question could concievably be easy enough for me to do well in this. i had NFI but objectively they weren't hard questions in comparisen to past papers and my trial.
Agrippina the younger = aced that shit. That crazy bitch was a thing of beauty in the exam.

i won't rank well at all in this, but the easy paper will make me feel better about my percentage ;)
annnd, it's over! it's all down hill from here, art and CAFS i'm completely prepared for and will do well in. Feeling like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder.

good luck with your rankings guys!

HelenaJean

HSC
Did anyone do Agrippina the Younger for personalities?
if so how much were you able to talk about for her Julio-Claudian background?
that 10 mark question really got me frozen
i pretty much gave a written family tree; i thought it was easy to interpret (whether or not i interpreted it right is to be seen). My points were so dense, i really didn't write much because of that; but quality not quantity. I enjoyed writing it too, i love her fucked up family.

it could easily be a case of the dunning-kruger effect, whereby i feel undeserved confidence because i'm too ignorant to comprehend how clueless i am. but i care not :D

I was so stressed about this particular exam, writing something i enjoyed while consouling myself that it would be my lowest mark and i only tried for my teacher was a serious relief.

HelenaJean

HSC
Why'd they walk out
at my school there's not an exam where numerous people don't walk out (except my ancient because i was the only one sitting it)
I think it's just a matter of apathy. They usually haven't even learnt the content and have absolutely NO idea what they're talking about and aren't fussed to bullshit on for any longer than necessary. They're usually farmers sons, or dating famers sons and have their life set out regardless of the exam results.
last years standard English had 5 band 1s (including the kid that didn't even get a band)... the head on Enlgish actually cried.

Ah, God bless rural public schools

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote about 1500-2000 words for Hatshepsut. Im pretty confident with 23+ / 25

Sparta i loved it alot also i wrote about 1.5k words also. The last question i forgot to add marriage customs argg -.-...... probs 22/25

Greek world was alright forgot to mention Mycale. Confident with 20+ / 25

Pompeii was very good. Last question i wrote about 800 words. I structured it pretty well with a good amount of sources. 23~/25

lockedbox

HSC
I wrote about 1500-2000 words for Hatshepsut. Im pretty confident with 23+ / 25

Sparta i loved it alot also i wrote about 1.5k words also. The last question i forgot to add marriage customs argg -.-...... probs 22/25

Greek world was alright forgot to mention Mycale. Confident with 20+ / 25

Pompeii was very good. Last question i wrote about 800 words. I structured it pretty well with a good amount of sources. 23~/25
Sweet Jeezus are your wrists made from iron? how on earth do you write so much? The best I could manage for the 25 marker was 1000-1200 tops, and for the 15 marker we were all taught that 700-800 is the maximum that we should attempt under exam conditions. How one earth did you do that in 3 hours?

Last edited:

lizzybeard

HSC
Was very good. I wrote 70 pages (4-6 words a line). I lacked a bit of historians and sources for section IV. I reckon i'll get 85/100 ~ 95/100
lol good job but pretty sure i wrote like 80 and had 6-8 words per line :p guess i'm aiming for 95/100 - 100%!! HELLO UNI LYF :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)