General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

La Bomba

HSC
the business is PAYING CREDITORS, IT IS NOT FACTORING ITS RECEIBABLES! you do realise efficiency is how quick a busines can GET PEOPLE TO PAY THEM! they are reducing their CURRENT LIABILITIES? COMPREHENDE AMIGO?

00iCon

HSC
the business is PAYING CREDITORS, IT IS NOT FACTORING ITS RECEIBABLES! you do realise efficiency is how quick a busines can GET PEOPLE TO PAY THEM! they are reducing their CURRENT LIABILITIES? COMPREHENDE AMIGO?
Whats the question? :rofl:
and stop multi-posting.

La Bomba

HSC
the question was. A business uses factoring to pay creditors. Which financial objective is the business trying to acheive?

a effieciency
b liquidity
c profitabilty
d solvency

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
the question was. A business uses factoring to pay creditors. Which financial objective is the business trying to acheive?

a effieciency
b liquidity
c profitabilty
d solvency
It's B.

/thread.

Lucause

HSC
gawdd.
if your factoring, your selling your account receivables UPFRONT, (you get the money upfront)
therefore your increasing your current assets.
so. your improving your liquidity!

00iCon

HSC
But accounts recievable is a current asset!!!!!!!!!! Cash is a Quick asset, but that's not an outcome of the course so don't worry!!!!
I Pity da foo who thinks accounts recievable is a Non-current asset!

jotdan

HSC
q27 omg... failed..
did anyone think it was werid they didn't ask us any finaicial ratios in the short answers?
It wasnt weird it was GAY Financial planning in an extended response question, youve gotta be shitting me I wanted to do 27 sooo badly but because i didnt remember that had to do 28 *sniff* already lost 3 marks because for the report i only put in one social responsibility of mt >< UAI aim; One year ago: 85 Now; just get above 70 PLEASE

ezy_4_u

HSC
There goes my band 6. The multiple choice was breezy, the short answers were just wtf. Seriously, what was up with that environmentally friendly bag? and i was sitting there for ages wondering how do the effing interest rates affect exports. ==&quot; extended responses was a mess. i didnt even know how to adapt my case study in.

All in all. Board of Studies failed this year. Bastards.
shoulda studied the key influences brother! they have it sooo much.and to the PEON chick: peon is the shittest word ive heard. u have no chance of starting the trend of people using it either. i hope u get under 90 so u can go jump off the gap and realise u have no life beyond study u obnoxious bitch

guypineapple

HSC
Phew, at least I'm not the only one who found the report challenging, only put 1 social resp or something, multiple choice were nice and easy, short answers were strange (no ratios, left me thinking i'd missed out a bit with 2mins to go) but think I would have got most short answer marks

dale2009

HSC
easy as hellllll
i left after the 1st hr
slayed it up like a ninja>>:ninja:

supun47

HSC
I did 28 for the essay, and did case studies, but have no idea if they wouldve worked.

1. Coca Cola saw the growing demand for sports drinks through market research. Coca Cola then decided to create its own brand of sports drinks- Powerade. That then increased profits )

2. A similar one... Toyota saw the need to expand into the luxury car market through market research, so they craeted Lexus, which boosted profits

3. Ford saw the need to create new fuel efficent cars, through market reseach. They also saw that they needed to stop spending large amounts of money on the production of non-fuel efficient cars, through there research. So, they slashed expenses by closing down factory's which manufactured fuel guzzlers. That ended up saving Ford from bankruptcy, following a dramtic slump in the demand for big cars.

And thats it! as u can c, its very, very far from perfect but i think and hope ill get a mark close to 15... mayb 13 or 14. What do you guys think?</SPAN>

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Good luck, sure you all did great.
I got an 86 last year. but i kinda averaged band 5's besides for my trials i kinda screwed up. So theres some good hints, if your averaging band 5's you surely would have pulled one out!

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Good luck, sure you all did great.
I got an 86 last year. but i kinda averaged band 5's besides for my trials i kinda screwed up. So theres some good hints, if your averaging band 5's you surely would have pulled one out!
Thank you for that. Thats an excellent mark btw congratz.

Good luck with ur business endeavours at uni.

Valupatitta

HSC
i loved both section 3 and 4, then multiple choice. short answers was a bit screwed. i better get great in dis! :mad:

paul3d

HSC
They tested all the obscure and not important things students and teachers don't spend time as much time on. Overall a very poorly written exam, but not unreasonable like religion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)