General Thoughts - CAFS Exam 2007 (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
hey howd everyone do???
general thoughts?

i think multiple choice n short answer were easy

long responses were ok harded than previous years though

i thought it was preety good but a few of the long response questions were worded weird

eg i do individuals and work n i preety much wrote the same thing for part b and c did anyone else do this???

kirra811

HSC
Re: general thoughts

Yeah I thought it wasnt too bad.
It was easier than past years but yeah some of the extended responses were crap.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC

Yep I agree, not too bad. Social Impact of Technology's 15 mark question, ahh I forgot all the issues.

jirwin

HSC

^emmie^ said:
hey howd everyone do???
general thoughts?

i thought it was preety good but a few of the long response questions were worded weird

eg i do individuals and work n i preety much wrote the same thing for part b and c did anyone else do this???
i do that topic. i didnt write the same thing at all. i did income, age, paid/unpaid and gender for b) and for c) i did education and technology. i thought part c was very similar to last yrs question. which i had done only a couple of days ago :D

i thought MC was very easy. short answer were ok too. i didnt like groups in context c) had no idea what it was on.

ally89

HSC

hey
i was just wondering what everyone got as multiplechoice answers?
ally x

jirwin

HSC

1. C
2. C
3. C
4. A
5. D
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B

ally89

HSC

yay thanks that exactly what i got.

br3tt

HSC

^emmie^ said:
hey howd everyone do???
general thoughts?

I thought it was a fair test.

I do invid. and work and with part c) it was social factors so yeah you mention legislative, but the other factors too (gender, employment/retraining, education and technology).

Edit: I got the same multiple choice as jirwin :)

^emmie^

HSC

i got the same multiple choice answers too
yay hopefully we all got 10/10

katie01peace

HSC

Yeah, the extended responses were weird...
I do individuals and work also and got confused with the last two questions- really depressed!
Love CAFS though

What did people get for multiple choice question 3 about IVF/GIFT et al
B or C?

jirwin

HSC

katie01peace said:
Yeah, the extended responses were weird...
I do individuals and work also and got confused with the last two questions- really depressed!
Love CAFS though

What did people get for multiple choice question 3 about IVF/GIFT et al
B or C?
GIFT is where they insert the egg and sperm into the falliopian tube for fertilisation. IVF is where fertilisation occurs outside then is put into the uterus

br3tt

HSC

Already posted ^^

Last edited:

Beeno

HSC

I'm confident with everything besides the Groups in Context essay.

Can someone tell me what they wrote about how the two disadvantaged groups contributed to the wellbeing of the COMMUNITY?? What were we meant to write for that question?

I did Homeless and Gays and Lesbians.

nadz11

HSC

yehh i bet all the catholic kids were chearing grops in context extended was the same as trials =] i talked about ATSI and Youth knew heaps on ATSI and youth just talked bout how we are the light of the future lah lah.. i think we've established the multiple choice answers are correct, students from our school got the same Yay! hehe.. What did everyone think about parenting and careing?

Last edited:

^emmie^

HSC

surprisingly i thought parenting and careing was the easiest one ^^^

for GIC i wrote bout the aged n disabled

Beeno

HSC

alias4 said:
I did the aged and socioeconomically disadvantaged. for the age i wrote how they contribute to the society through caring for the grandchildren therefore they are a informal support network who contribute to the individual wellbeing of the parents of the children and their grandchildren. also for the aged i wrote about how they contribute to the community through voluntary work therefore increasing communitywellbeing.
For SED i wrote they contribute to society as through having past knowledge on how to handle the situation they were in (eg financial struggle) they can give this advice to other sed people, therefore increasing wellbeing. also through rural families being classed as sed i said how through them providing agriculture to the community this can increase wellbeing of community.
and i added plenty more examples but u get the gist. :)
Yeah that sounds pretty good and you'll get good marks for that. I didn't really finish it off properly coz i was rushing but I wrote something briefly.

My teacher made us do homeless, sole parents and socioeconomically disadvantaged in depth in groups then sharing the info. I ended up doing Gays and Lesbians because that was more interesting to me and the info collated by the other groups were crap as (I hate group work). I did the homeless as well because my "group" did that.

BY THE WAY, if the people in my class do really shit and say I got at least 85 - 95 raw...WOULD THAT AFFECT ME aka pull me down?

Oh and parenting and caring was pretty good. Individuals and work was easiest IMO.

Last edited:

nadz11

HSC

yeahh i think overall it was good.. ah no u wont be affected if u havea shit class, lol im in the same position. if you are ranked 1st or 2nd (or pretty high). and then do well in the HSC then u have a good chance of really benifiting from CAFS, more so that physics and such, beleive it or not. but as i said u reall yneed to be up there in ur rank!

nadz11

HSC

the states performance does affect ur reslt but the members of your class will not, anymore than someone from another school. if ur teacher is an accurate marker there should be a great differnce in raw marks, and therefore u will achieve well. Our princible has recently been eleced as a member of the CEO, and has explained the scaleing system.

Forky

Forkmeister
HSC

hah i wish i could understand the scaling system.
I do Individuals and Work too but unfortunately I think I wrote too much about the changing work patterns and not enough about social factors and I wrote mostly about gender, damn!

I thought Groups were actually really good questions, I did the aged and youth. But I think parenting was the easiest to be honest.

The average mark for CAFS across the state is 75. So if you can get quite a bit above that, and you're ranked highly in your cohort, you should be relatively fine.

What I understand about scaling is that hard subjects scale up, but subjects like CAFS don't necessarily scale down. It's just that because for each course a certain amount of each bands are allocated (eg. 8% of CAFS doers get a Band 6), it's easier to get a band 6 in CAFS so there are less allocated than with physics for example, where like 15% of people who do it get a band 6.

If that makes any sense. So basically you need to be in the top 350 people in the state who do CAFS to get a band 6? and assessment mark and school ranking help this to happen.

I'm sure you're all as confused as I am

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)