General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

trungduong12

HSC
I found the exam pretty alright, not as horrible as I thought it would be...and horrible I meant by having extended response as international organisation, labour market (as a essay by itself), CAD, External stability or balance of payment.
Omg! Id rather do an essay on external stability (cad, bop) thats my strongest section there !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trungduong12

HSC
Why is that?
What did u mean?

I was just saying that i wrote so much for inflation and might not be able to get pass 15/20
But my environment essay is just so shieet and only 3 pages , so i dont think im gonna get pass 12/20

(In response to previous post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy Marley

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, i forgot to write the number question I answered for the essays, what happens now

esaitchkay

HSC
esaitchay, how was it?
Just saw this! Pretty much winged it, knowing it'll be my 11th and 12th units - it's nice taking an exam with no stress.
Pretty happy with the exam overall, especially for the effort input.
MC was a bit iffy; probably around 16-18 (honestly don't remember).
First short answer threw me off a bit, but other than that, was decent.
I chose inflation and environment (which was basically stuffed with a tonne my legal LCMR's :p)

Overall, very pleased, regardless of the outcome haha.

Ziggy Marley

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, i forgot to write the number question I answered for the essays, what happens now

esaitchkay

HSC
They'll probably read through the intro of your essay and realise which question you're addressing. I doubt they wouldn't mark an extended just because it's not labelled.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
My predictions were off by a mile :haha:

Though, some of my potential curveballs were right.

Labour market policies.

Also, environmental sustainability and the role of government is essentially ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES.

So seems like there's no essay for topic 2?

Inflation and case study I didn't expect.

Did I? Well I think I agreed with Drifting that the case study was unlikely. But guys, like you all know - predictions aren't always going to be right :haha: In fact, economists themselves aren't always the best predictors :p

*likes*
I'm still surprised a case study was included and tbh the whole essay combination was a surprise. If they did ask something about labour markets or environmental sustainability i would've expected them to keep Macro policy. I definitely believe the wider state would've struggled with the extended responses because people avoid the case study all together and environmental sustainability isn't paid too much attention either... (GG Q27 & 28).

I actually told one of my students on Thursday arvo to play particular attention to the environment, if they did it would've worked out well for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)