General Thoughts - French Continuers (1 Viewer)

JamesTockuss

HSC
What did everyone think?

Overally I guess it was pretty decent. Except for that last question in speaking wtf :S

Hysterik

HSC
The fact we had to do R&R Part B as a chat conversation made me lol. I was tempted to just write the whole thing in chatspeak.

The rest was all fine, even the last question of the listening wasn't very hard. Fingers crossed for full marks. :)

purplecupcake

HSC
hahaha it was really good ! the last listening question was a little difficult but the rest i was so happy with ! for writing i did the surprise party andd the healthier lifestyle speech... rambled on a bit but ah well.

crestor

HSC
Hysterik said:
The fact we had to do R&R Part B as a chat conversation made me lol. I was tempted to just write the whole thing in chatspeak.

The rest was all fine, even the last question of the listening wasn't very hard. Fingers crossed for full marks. :)
haha i wrote my whole chat conversation piece in chat speak, they shouldnt mark me down as it said write a chat room conversation so meh

and then i did the surprise party and went way over the top with what made my favourite day, was a good test except for reading and responding or the short answer whatever you want to call it, took too long I thought, mainly the second one.

Hoping i did well

Hysterik

HSC
Lol, for my best day story I talked about meeting Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe. :rofl: It was good cos I brought in all my fancy points about my favourite film and all that jazz. I'm really hoping I did well, I'm first in my school... so that will mean I'll end up with a pretty final mark.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Yah I liked the test, I thought it was well written. For Section 3 I wrote about my best day ever and working for Red Cross in Russian orphanages- pretty original I thought :rolleyes: Reading/Responding texts were easy to understand and the questions weren't complicated at all.

ziggy.zoozah

HSC
crestor said:
haha i wrote my whole chat conversation piece in chat speak, they shouldnt mark me down as it said write a chat room conversation so meh

and then i did the surprise party and went way over the top with what made my favourite day, was a good test except for reading and responding or the short answer whatever you want to call it, took too long I thought, mainly the second one.

Hoping i did well
No No, they can because they need to understand the chat conversation. Uh oh...sorry to say this but you've lost a good 5 marks for incoherence.

crestor

HSC
ziggy.zoozah said:
No No, they can because they need to understand the chat conversation. Uh oh...sorry to say this but you've lost a good 5 marks for incoherence.
uh oh i spoke to my french teacher who used to be a marker and said if they ask for an email and you do not write using perfect english so paragraphing etc you wont lose marks because it said email. She said that this was a big talking point in one exam one year and that they decided as it was not an essay they couldnt deduct marks.

and today i asked her and she said if they said chatroom conversation and she said she will be pissed if i get marked down

That best day story was so good but, left it really open to just talk whatever you wanted, loved that one

ziggy.zoozah

HSC
crestor said:
uh oh i spoke to my french teacher who used to be a marker and said if they ask for an email and you do not write using perfect english so paragraphing etc you wont lose marks because it said email. She said that this was a big talking point in one exam one year and that they decided as it was not an essay they couldnt deduct marks.

and today i asked her and she said if they said chatroom conversation and she said she will be pissed if i get marked down

That best day story was so good but, left it really open to just talk whatever you wanted, loved that one
Your teacher's a fool. If you've used so much "msn" speak in your answer, the Board will get so pissed off. The last thing they want is for an incoherent piece of crap with abbreviations and emoticons that just confuse your answer.

crestor

HSC
ziggy.zoozah said:
Your teacher's a fool. If you've used so much "msn" speak in your answer, the Board will get so pissed off. The last thing they want is for an incoherent piece of crap with abbreviations and emoticons that just confuse your answer.
BOS is a fool for asking the answer to be written as a chat room conversation. I hope they do get pissed off, serves them right for the physics test they gave us

*Baby-K*

HSC
I am sure that as long as they can read and understand it and as long as you included various tenses, and not over-used the informal language there shouldn't be a problem

crestor

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I am sure that as long as they can read and understand it and as long as you included various tenses, and not over-used the informal language there shouldn't be a problem
yeah i used a variety of verb tenses, responded to the email/advertisment thing but included informal too, i dont feel it was over used and it is pretty obvious what it is saying

kazzlz

HSC
Good, good, nice and straightforward. Seems to (mostly) be the way this year. I'm glad there weren't any twisted questions.

The chatroom situation was a bit weird though, I agree. It didn't give any clue as to how chatroom-y the markers will want and accept. I went informal but highly readable just to be safe. Although, I'm just a bit anal and type properly on msn normally anyway......

eb590

HSC
yeah i thought it was really good, out of all the paper, i think the last listening question was the hardest, but overall it was well set out and nothing where you go omg what the hell! i liked section three i did option a for both - what did everyone write about for that section?
hope you all did well =)

*Baby-K*

HSC
eb590 said:
yeah i thought it was really good, out of all the paper, i think the last listening question was the hardest, but overall it was well set out and nothing where you go omg what the hell! i liked section three i did option a for both - what did everyone write about for that section?
hope you all did well =)
Q 13- b I wrote about a time my bf and I flew to Gold Coast for a year this year to go to MovieWorld but he organised many surprises for me- like a stretch limo to take us around, breakfast at Mariot, Movie World and then dinner at 'Four Winds' in Crown Plaza

Q 14- b I wrote about going to St.Petersburg in Russia to work for Red Cross and help the orphanages. I told the penpal to send over any clothes they don't need, make money donations or even send books.

What did you guys write?

Greta08

HSC
yeh, it really wasn't difficult, it was pretty simialr to 2003 past paper actually!
the listening abotu the boy having to nto got o uni was hard, a tractor went by just as he said it both times. but they're giving us mis-adventure or something... very easy broadly ended speaking question.
also re chat room talk
i think everything is to an extent, it pretty simialr to english, if they ask for a youth discussion your not really going to bring out bogan slang? so same applies to french, certainly u have to fit it into the context however everything in moderation!
such an eaiser paper than last year!!

Greta08

HSC
Just another though does anyone else to pdh, french, chemistry and geography?????????????

wednesday: pdh and french
thrusday: chemistry
friday: geography

Such a schocker timetable!

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Hysterik said:

ooh sydney girls, eh? :p

how many candidates in continuers and ext?
we've 10 and 6 at jrahs, who've stuck it through til the end.

and don't bet on coming first! after all, a jrahs student took equal first in continuers last year lol

crestor

HSC
Greta08 said:
Just another though does anyone else to pdh, french, chemistry and geography?????????????

wednesday: pdh and french
thrusday: chemistry
friday: geography

Such a schocker timetable!
nope but I had Tuesday: physics and Today: French and Engineering so that was pretty dirt because physics and engineering are imo freakin hard

treehat

HSC
Red Cross in Russian orphanages? hahahahahh < im sorry but its no longer original cos that is EXACTLY what I wrote!! no joke. Thats really weird.. I found the exam was really good and easy though I did stuff up speaking so that sucks. Hopefully Im ranked first internally ( i dont know if I am haha cos they didnt tell us and its very close) cos I wanna keep my mark if I get the top HSC one! haha. Gah now french extension..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)