General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the exam here.

Please keep question specific posts and discussion to the relevant stickied thread.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Same - easy except Question 16 (c) - I didn't get that out but the rest was great!

Deep Blue

HSC
Does anyone have a copy of the paper and could upload please?

NBGHHS

HSC
I kept on getting 1000 and something for that bloody time payments question, even though my working out was proper until then....maybe calculator fucked it
I got Question 16 b) (except part i) and Questions 16 c)
I couldn't get 16 a because i forgot rhombus' have parallel sides.....-.-

Overall, looking at ~93 raw.
Happy

EDIT: for those who couldn't figure out 16 C)
You had to use simultaneous for the two curves, and bring that equation reducible to quadratics
from there, since the circle was touching the sides of the curve at two points, you had to use the discriminant = 0 (using the reducible quadratic) to bring it down to the proven result.

Last edited:

crizk

HSC
Thoughts on Mathematics 2012 HSC Paper

How'd everyone go? I found it pretty good, nothing unusual. Last 2 parts of the last question were crazy, didn't even attempt them. I studied everything from financial maths, except loan repayments (don't ask)...so that was 6 marks lost. But generally, it was a pretty good test. Expecting a raw mark of around 80/100

Keelan134

HSC
You had to use simultaneous for the two curves, and bring that equation reducible to quadratics
from there, since the circle was touching the sides of the curve at two points, you had to use the discriminant = 0 (using the reducible quadratic) to bring it down to the proven result.
Yeah Feck dat hahaha

gr_111

HSC
I kept on getting 1000 and something for that bloody time payments question, even though my working out was proper until then....maybe calculator fucked it
I got Question 16 b) (except part i) and Questions 16 c)
I couldn't get 16 a because i forgot rhombus' have parallel sides.....-.-

Overall, looking at ~93 raw.
Happy

DAMN, i got that quadratic but never thought to use the discriminant.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
DAMN, i got that quadratic but never thought to use the discriminant.
did the same. so pissed i didnt use it.

noob question, what was the expression for $A2 in 15ci)?
doesnt reducible mean it starts from the last payment ie, A1 =360000(1.005)^300-M

im such an idiot for not knowing this for sure

tarce94

HSC
What did people get for Q14 b) finding the volume of the solid

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
can someone upload the paper
They aren't smart enough to do that.

Don't realise that if someone uploaded the paper, someone could get a copy of fully worked solutions up in like 30 minutes. They they wouldn't need to run around asking each other questions like headless chooks.

KierenTran

jenko
HSC
Decent exam, hoping to get mid 80s for raw mark. Talked so much bullshit in question 16 B - hoping for marks on working out!!! Overall Was easy and Q. 15 was too easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)