General Thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
foxtale said:
And the Introduced Species graph needed an extra 3 lines on the X axis and 2 lines on the Y. But if you use more than 50% of the graph, than you're okay, so I just halfed the size.
how do you figure that my graph fitted just fine onto the paper, unless of course ive done it completely wrong which i certainly hope not,
ps did guys put the temps on the graph as well?

overall i thought it was a really easy exam especiallty as it was my last one, it was so hard to concentrate towards the end......

scraggy321

Shazam
HSC
I thought the recycling one was okay. I talked about centrifuge and how it removed many pollutants etc. that other processes couldnt and therefore allowed water to be reused in a number of ways.

some girl

HSC
I found that earth exam pretty hard compared to the other years! It was full of the stuff that I hardly studied for... it was soooo unexpected T.T I totally screwed up my graphs for introduced speces that it's not funny... There goes my band 6 mark -__- WHo said the HSC was easier than trials... =(

haejin

For the introduced species graph drawing thingie i did a bar graph, because i couldn't be bothered writing the dates out evenly on the x axis....too much effort :p. However, i did remember to use pencil, a ruler, a legend, a title, proper measurements on the x and y axis, and i labelled both axes with the measurements next to the title in parentheses. So i should do alright in that, i guess.

I also used pencil to draw my Convection-Cell theory bit for the theory behind plate movement because the instruictiosn said to use pencil in all required diagrams, but used pen to dreaw my diagrams in every other question..though there wasn't much you could draw, eh?

My next test in bio on friday, i'm gonna ace it.

Sarah 05

this paper may have been easy which is good, but is we all do really well this subject will scale down heaps low, which is not really a good thing

annaj

HSC
Yeh the graph was heaps annoying...left that question last because i hate graphs.

bob_the_penguin

yeah we did well, but trust me there will still be a spread of people getting shit marks, my trial was roughly similar to that and people in my class were still getting 40%-50% alot of people just did the course cause they were looking for something easy so the amount of dumb people generally helps to bring some crap marks so the scaling shouldnt be TO bad

mang

still waiting said:
how do you figure that my graph fitted just fine onto the paper, unless of course ive done it completely wrong which i certainly hope not,
ps did guys put the temps on the graph as well?

overall i thought it was a really easy exam especiallty as it was my last one, it was so hard to concentrate towards the end......
you could cram the graph in with a diff. of 15 degrees between each vert. point and on the horizontal, you just put the second half of the first year (there was no value for the first) and the first half of the last year.....
i had to do it twice before i was happy w. it...

mang

kols_kebabs said:
As is frequently said, BOS forums are full of the top students in the state.

Earth generally atracts students who aren't the best science students. There are a lot of drifters doing this subject. More so than any other science.

I got 80% or so in my trials. The next best mark in my class of twelve, and I think the rest of my class will be representative of average students in the state, was 65%.

Many were around or below 50%. I go to a school ranked around 200th in the state, so these guys will be typical of what to expect.

There are only a dozen or so earth science students on this forum, hardly representative of the state average.

Basically if you like science and are good at it, you'll do well. If you're like a typical E+E's student and are just doing it because you can't hack the traditional sciences and don't like science, you won't do so well.
what he said...
our school is pretty much the same, two people w. an average >90 (me included) but a class average of bout 60%... a lot of people in our class found the paper really difficult, two of whom walked out an hour into the exam...
also i found it helps ALOT if you do chem. and geog., the caring for the country part of the course is very similar to the environ. monitoring part in chem, while the introduced species elective goes nicely w. ecosystems @ risk in geog., my work load was cut in half because of this combination of courses... not really fair to students who dont do these courses, neghh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)