General thoughts on the whole English Adv. Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

what are your general thoughts on the entire paper? fair? too easy? too hard?

success

HSC
Yeah, it wasn't too bad i don't think.

Pretty easy to adapt to the questions and apply overall knowledge.

Just hope i got Shakespeare's values right! lol

gorgo31

HSC
Good, fair paper, except they've screwed around with Critical Study of Texts twice in two years. Making the poetry kids do three poems, after four years of doing two, is also harsh. Sweets, no offence, but I don't know how you can compare this year's Critical Study question to HSC 2002: "Two people, who like your prescribed text for different reasons, are having a conversation." I can't wait to see how they mark it.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Ah - unlike the two before me, i think that the paper was - fair. It wasn't easy - though they didn't fool us with text types, the questions were different - not very direct.

A good paper, (except maybe the THREE poems in Module B), but definately not the easiest since the new HSC - that would be 2003, without a doubt.

香港!

HSC
memorised like 5000 words worth of rubbish ytdy, now i can forget them all!
YaY!:)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I was surprised that they didn't ask for one "creative" for Paper 2...virtually all essays, which was nice. As holla_back_girl said I think BOS let us off, although I have to say that having done Speeches, Module B was unfair. Module A (BNW/BR) was very straight-forward, as was Module C but my main concern is Module B.

Overall difficulty for me: 7/10 (10 being the most difficult). Had I not been asked for three speeches, 6/10.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
gorgo31 said:
Good, fair paper, except they've screwed around with Critical Study of Texts twice in two years. Making the poetry kids do three poems, after four years of doing two, is also harsh. Sweets, no offence, but I don't know how you can compare this year's Critical Study question to HSC 2002: "Two people, who like your prescribed text for different reasons, are having a conversation." I can't wait to see how they mark it.
I was just commenting on the paper as a whole, ie the fact that they were all essays and quite straightforward. I don't do poetry for B, so I can't comment on that, but it does seem majorly unfair. Obviously some modules have had easier questions before, but on a whole it was the easiest paper in my humble opinion :)

cheekyT

wasnt 2 bad

yeah i thort it was ok. i thort the module c question was a bit tough 4 interpretation but the others were fair. THANKFULLY they didnt make us write in particular text types i was dreading having to write an editorial or a feature article or something like that!

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
...i thought it was hard, especially writing 3 speeches...emma and clueless was ok...but the others...

the speeches i did were atwood and socrates, with martin luther king tacked on the end.

Last edited:

gorgo31

HSC
Sweets said:
I was just commenting on the paper as a whole, ie the fact that they were all essays and quite straightforward. I don't do poetry for B, so I can't comment on that, but it does seem majorly unfair. Obviously some modules have had easier questions before, but on a whole it was the easiest paper in my humble opinion :)
Yeah, sorry, didn't meant to criticise. Best of luck with it :)

LostAuzzie

HSC
I thought it was very easy, but my marks will tell just how easy it was for me ;)
I was surprised that they gave us three essays never done before in any modules paper ive seen. Even more shocked as the 1st paper was relatively easy too.
Anyways I took Module B as an essay with more depth with regards to describing quotes.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I didn't do anywhere near as well as I thought I could do. The time factor was a constant problem. I spent 53 minutes on one of the modules. ahh crud. I had a lot of troubles relating what I studied to the questions, trying to make each paragraph relevant. And I missed out so many important things I wanted to talk about. So yeah, not that great. I think I did really well in paper 1 though. I just hope my assessment mark and my paper 1 will drag up my overall english advanced mark because I was hoping for a fairly high mark in Advanced to get the uai i want...

volition

arr.
HSC
I did King Lear, BNW/BR and Frontline. I found the questions to be pretty much the best that I could really have asked for, my stuff 'fit in' with the question well. I'm pretty happy about how I went in English Advanced this year.

anthonybarhoush

i did emma / clueless, king lear and frontline and i thought that the questions were fairly straightforward compared to others that i have seen..there was no speeches or feature articles or other formats which i thought was good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)