General Thoughts: Visual Arts Exam (1 Viewer)

arooshika...

HSC
Robert422 said:
I think the postmodern frame is awesome! doing it in english in telling the, and even comparitive study certainly gave me and edge in understanding its concept. What did you say for question 1? was hardest question of the lot i thought, simple but still specific, lol. Swallows was simple, duchamp postermodern blah blah, and i did question 5 with the quote about the artists doesnt draw what he sees but what he wonts ohters to see...or something like that. A top student out there would you like to give me a briefing on what you wrote paraphrased? thankyou, also i used barbrar kruegar, jenny holtzer, kaith kollowitz, and bill henson in my final essay and mentioned one and sometimes 2 of there works wrote around 7 pages.

Kind Regards,

Robert 422

Any reply would be appreciated in response to this
yeah the postmodern frame is very simple and you can also put in conceptual framework to just that my problem was twisting my essay to fit the question, that was hard cause the questions wernt as direct as in the independant papers for the trials, also the postmodernframe fits the cultural frame to. i did andy warhol, cindy sherman, anne zahalka and masami teroaka

jgeo2000

HSC
i thought the art exam was pretty good it was fairly easy i finished with about 20 minutes to go. i agree with the whole mentality that art is a vegetable subject - first of all they have no idea about how much content there actually is in the course; secondly they don't have a clue how time consuming it is to produce a body of work that is worth 50% of your mark and the skills required to handle the mediums to produce the BOW - sure there are those in every school that take up the course because they think it is 'easy marks' but if anyone cared to look at their marks after the hsc they would see that they did just as bad in art as they did in every other course.
i do all the science/maths subjects and the amount of shit i cop from the teachers saying i should have done a more 'demanding' course really pisses me off.
by the way i got preselected for art express yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)