Genre students read this (1 Viewer)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Hey everyone for that first question (sometimes the best weapon is...) I wrote about the genre (mine being the essay) and quoted and wrote about three essays that i studied......cause it DID say to write within or ABOUT the genre you studied.....do you guys think that this will be cool? or not?

raftelli

i hope so because i did crime fiction and mentioned a couple of my texts in there as well. should be ok i guess, i think we were basically allowed to write about anything to do with your module as long as you mentioned the words "sometimes the best weapon is..."

at least thats what i figured anyway.

Milly

Well I didn't do the Essay but it sounds legit... the aim of the question is to get you to show what you know about genre and conventions... which you seem to have done, so you're probably alright :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Sounds alright to me (rember ESSAY students would be writting an essay anyway ...)

Asuka

HSC
PAtrico, Im in the same boat, I wrote in the form of a speah about the conventions of the genre making references, I cant see how what we both have done is not About the crime fiction genre, it was such an open question, the Rubric didnt mention about being creative, It mainly wanted us to show our understanding of a genre and its conventions.

Asuka

bex

HSC
I wrote a speech bout the conventions of CF too.. Then i used my texts as examples of subversion etc

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i'm kicking myself about that question. i wrote a story, a modern revenge tragedy. and it showed all the conventions and some of the elements were original etc but if you were going to do a story i think you needed to write something polished and mine wasn't. mine was the kinda thing you write in an hour. the medium certainly wasn't original and i don't know how coherent it was. i guess i'm just annoyed cause most exams you know if you did well or not but i just have no clue for this one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)