Geometry question, please help (1 Viewer)

rrpp6

HSC
N/A
Since the angle shown occurs 7 times in the whole star, you divide 360 (the size of a full circle) by 7 (because that angle occurs 7 times in the whole star) to get the answer. Let me know if this makes sense.

kpad5991

HSC
Since the angle shown occurs 7 times in the whole star, you divide 360 (the size of a full circle) by 7 (because that angle occurs 7 times in the whole star) to get the answer. Let me know if this makes sense.
Thank you so much I was using (n-2) x 180 and uncomplicating it. Thank you so much

Can you help with this question please?

Sebastian sold half of his eggs. He first sold his eggs plus half an egg to Ashley, without having to break an egg. Then he sold half the remining eggs, plus half an egg to Alex, again without breaking an egg. Then he sold half the remaining eggs, plus half an egg to John, without breaking an egg. How many eggs did Sebastian start with?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much I was using (n-2) x 180 and uncomplicating it. Thank you so much

Can you help with this question please?

Sebastian sold half of his eggs. He first sold his eggs plus half an egg to Ashley, without having to break an egg. Then he sold half the remining eggs, plus half an egg to Alex, again without breaking an egg. Then he sold half the remaining eggs, plus half an egg to John, without breaking an egg. How many eggs did Sebastian start with?
Sebastian started with 7 eggs.

Ashley bought one-half of his eggs plus one half an egg (i.e. ), this left him 3 eggs.

Alex bought one-half of his eggs plus one half an egg, (i.e. ) leaving Sebastian with 1 egg.

John bought one-half of his eggs plus one-half an egg, (i.e. ) leaving Sebastian with no eggs.

I hope this helps! :D

kpad5991

HSC
Sebastian started with 7 eggs.

Ashley bought one-half of his eggs plus one half an egg (i.e. ), this left him 3 eggs.

Alex bought one-half of his eggs plus one half an egg, (i.e. ) leaving Sebastian with 1 egg.

John bought one-half of his eggs plus one-half an egg, (i.e. ) leaving Sebastian with no eggs.

I hope this helps! :D

Thanks heaps, can I have help with this question:

A sheet of glass absorbs 20% of the red light which passed through it. What is the least number of sheets which must be placed one over the other so that the red light is reduced to one half or less of its original strength?

Thanks in advance

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks heaps, can I have help with this question:

A sheet of glass absorbs 20% of the red light which passed through it. What is the least number of sheets which must be placed one over the other so that the red light is reduced to one half or less of its original strength?

Thanks in advance
No worries.

I believe that for this question, since each sheet of glass absorbs 20% of the red light which passed through it, solving this question would be a matter of finding the percentage that would be left in terms of the original strength after 20% has been taken of the remaining percentage after each sheet, as follows:

Sheet 1: 80% or original strength remaining.

Sheet 2: of original strength remaining.

Sheet 3: of original strength remaining.

Sheet 4: of original strength remaining.

40.96% is less than half, which, given the above, would technically suggest that a minimum for 4 sheets is required so that the red light is reduced to one half or less of its original strength.

kpad5991

HSC
No worries.

I believe that for this question, since each sheet of glass absorbs 20% of the red light which passed through it, solving this question would be a matter of finding the percentage that would be left in terms of the original strength after 20% has been taken of the remaining percentage after each sheet, as follows:

Sheet 1: 80% or original strength remaining.

Sheet 2: of original strength remaining.

Sheet 3: of original strength remaining.

Sheet 4: of original strength remaining.

40.96% is less than half, which, given the above, would technically suggest that a minimum for 4 sheets is required so that the red light is reduced to one half or less of its original strength.
Thanks heap

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry one more

Given that yoctometre is 10^-24 m and zettametre is 10^21 m

How many yoctometres are in a zettametre?
I believe that would require the following division:

Since these have the same base, a division implies a subtraction of the exponents:

kpad5991

HSC
I believe that would require the following division:

Since these have the same base, a division implies a subtraction of the exponents:

I thought it would be 10^-24 / 10^21 which gives 10^-3 m

but the say 1 x 10^24

Have no idea if they wrong

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it would be 10^-24 / 10^21 which gives 10^-3 m

but the say 1 x 10^24

Have no idea if they wrong
You can also use an online conversion tool to determine how many yoctometres are in a zettametre, such as this one, which, consistent with my answer, shows that 1 zettametre = 1.0E+45 yoctometres (i.e. ).

I'm not entirely sure whether we are missing something or whether the answer is correct. 🤔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)