George Galloway banned from Canada (1 Viewer)

MissSarajevo

HSC
Anti-war MP George Galloway has been banned from Canada, it emerged today.
A Canadian spokesman confirmed that the Respect MP had been deemed inadmissible on national security grounds and would not be allowed into the country.
Galloway today branded the ban "idiotic" and vowed to fight the ruling with "all means" at his disposal. He is due to give a speech in Toronto on 30 March.
Earlier today the Sun said border security officials had declared Galloway, 54, "inadmissible" because of his views on Afghanistan and the presence of Canadian troops there and would be turned away if he attempted to enter the country.
A spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada said the decision had been taken by border security officials "based on a number of factors" in accordance with section 34(1) of the country's immigration act.

"On a personal note – for a Scotsman to be barred from Canada is like being told to stay away from the family home.
"This is not something I'm prepared to accept."

Galloway is due to speak at a public forum entitled Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar, hosted by the Toronto Coalition to Stop the War later this month.
He is also due to speak at a second public forum in Mississauga, west of Toronto, on 31 March.

His proposed visit prompted the Jewish Defence League of Canada to write an open letter to the country's government urging it to do "everything possible to keep this hater away".

In 2006, Galloway was refused entry to Egypt on the grounds of national security after he travelled to the country to give evidence at a "mock trial" of Tony Blair and George Bush.
He was held overnight in a police cell before the authorities changed their minds and allowed him into the country.
George Galloway banned from Canada | Politics | guardian.co.uk :haha:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Good riddance to bad rubbish. He's a downright pathetic cunt.

Edit: OK, so on a moral note it's probably wrong to bar him, but he really is such a gigantic terrorist-supporting idiot that I really don't mind.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
Good riddance to bad rubbish. He's a downright pathetic cunt.

Edit: OK, so on a moral note it's probably wrong to bar him, but he really is such a gigantic terrorist-supporting idiot that I really don't mind
hmm, is is Israel not a terrorist state?

Venom.

HSC
Really have no idea how so many people can support Israel.
Galloway is a fuckin legend.

Venom.

HSC
Yeah for a guy that took bribes from Saddam he really is a top notch bloke.

They support Israel because it's a democracy in the middle-east that doesn't crucify people, unlike 'Palestine'.

Thanks for playing.
What, the fuck, are you talking about ? There's no point arguing with you at all. You just fail.

MissSarajevo

HSC
This Hamas photo shows the head of the Hamas government Ismail Haniyeh, right, embracing George Galloway during their meeting in Gaza City on March 10 this year

MissSarajevo

HSC
Looks like George Galloway don't have much support from Britain either.

Comments (43)

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below?

I reckon we should ban him too. His views are too extreme for my liking.
Click to rate Rating 356

- Linda, Birmingham UK, 21/3/2009 2:01

You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh!!! Good for Canada, if only Britain was as choosy who it lets in - we wouldn't have these so-called 'British' terrorist suspects returning here from Guantanamo claiming they were tortured and threatening to sue us!
Click to rate Rating 406

- Lisa, London, 21/3/2009 2:11

Well done Canada.
Click to rate Rating 363

- Mr controversy, Zefat Israel, 21/3/2009 2:12

I only wish we could ban him from the uk and talk sport.
Click to rate Rating 318

- steven Wood, Coventry England, 21/3/2009 2:12

Canadians do not want Riff-Raffs in their Country, Welldone Guys.
Click to rate Rating 357

- King Oxley, London UK, 21/3/2009 2:12

This guy pretended to be a cat on big brother...

He's a nobody & I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a 10ton pile of dung.
Click to rate Rating 320

- chu, Glos, UK, 21/3/2009 2:15

It seems like a sensible decision. What a pity that we can't ban him from the UK!
Click to rate Rating 325

- James, London, UK, 21/3/2009 2:17

well done canada.
Click to rate Rating 317

- john, norfolk, 21/3/2009 2:17

Well done Canada!

Pity we couldn`t bar him. I am not sure that the UK is big enough for George`s ego. Although give him a bowl of milk and he becomes a real pussycat.
Click to rate Rating 281

- JohnM, Portadown,UK, 21/3/2009 2:17

Mr.Galloway should take the hint,he is "persona non grata" or in plain english: clear off you are not wanted.
Click to rate Rating 297

- Mr controversy, Zefat Israel, 21/3/2009 2:22

He should be banned from the UK, aswell.
Click to rate Rating 281

- Richard, Ivybridge, UK, 21/3/2009 2:24

' Infandous '..... what a lovely word.... ' infandous '.

I'm going to look that up in the dictionary straight away... and use it every opportunity I get.

Of course, nobody will know what the hell I'm talking about - but it will add a nuance of education to my reputation.

I learned ' nuance ' last week and this is the very first opportunity I have had to use it.
'Infandous ' ... I can't quite get over that.........
Click to rate Rating 228

- Jack Russell,, Yorkshire, England, 21/3/2009 2:26

Can we ban him from the UK too?
Click to rate Rating 262

- Max, Bristol, 21/3/2009 2:26

Shame he's from here cos I'd love to have him banned too!
Click to rate Rating 260

- Ali, Alney Island, Glos., 21/3/2009 2:29

This is brilliant news. The man is clueless and if anything, the UK should ban him from this country as well.
Click to rate Rating 256

- Sam, London, 21/3/2009 2:30

Shame we can't ban this nasty oik from entering this Country!!
Click to rate Rating 219

- David, England, 21/3/2009 2:30

Pity we couldn't ban him from this country too.
Click to rate Rating 193

- John Wilson, Warrington, Cheshire, 21/3/2009 2:30

This is one Canadian who is delighted to see our officials at Canada Immigration doing a good job. We don't need the likes of Mr. Galloway or anyone else who supports terrorism in our country. That pictures is a classic example of a 'picture saying a thousand words'....
Click to rate Rating 259

- nicola, toronto, canada, 21/3/2009 2:30

Id ban him from Britain too I think he.s not singing from the same hymn book as us Brits
Click to rate Rating 280

- madge, london wimbledon, 21/3/2009 2:32

Who does he think he is?
Click to rate Rating 218

- Jo, Devon, UK, 21/3/2009 2:32

In`fan´dous
a.Too odious to be expressed or mentioned.
Click to rate Rating 200

- curbishly, London, England, 21/3/2009 2:33

Shame Galloway hasnt been banned from the UK.
Click to rate Rating 129

- J. McNab, Dundee, 21/3/2009 2:35

A country that is not as soft as GB accept it Mr Galloway they dont want you in their country.
Click to rate Rating 134

- peggypig, mancunia, 21/3/2009 2:35

I thought Canada was bigger than this, its following our Labour government in its big brother approach. Galloway is many things but a terrorist is not one of them. He is a man with an alternative view on the middle east,that most of us disagree with, but I have never heard him promote violence at any time. Infact some of his opinions have proved to be true in respect to the double dealing that took us to Iraq. By all means ban men of violence and those that support it but this is a ban by distorting the facts.
Click to rate Rating 286

- Dab, Cambs England, 21/3/2009 2:37

He's not just anti-war, he's anti-everything most people regard as decent and normal. Hooray for the Canadians.
Click to rate Rating 182

- Roger Cole, Carson City USA, 21/3/2009 2:37

Well done Canada.
Click to rate Rating 146

- Jon Herriott, UK, 21/3/2009 2:37

Good sense still prevails, at least on this side of the Atlantic. George Galloway can rant and rave as much as he likes, It will have no effect on a decision already made.
Click to rate Rating 140

- Duke, Ontario, Canada, 21/3/2009 2:39

I am not surprised, but I am disappointed, but with a Minority Government struggling to stay in power, they are afraid to lose any votes, esepcially from minority groups.

Most Canadians are willing to listen with open minds, certain Minorities are not, makes some noise, get some press, week kneed policians collapse like a sack of coal.
Click to rate Rating 243

- Howard Hare, Canada, 21/3/2009 2:40

Good for Canada. I wonder if Britain could ban him?
Click to rate Rating 130

- Adrian Sacco, Cospicua, Malta, 21/3/2009 2:42

As a Brit in Canada I think this is excellent news. Galloway is not wanted here.
Click to rate Rating 157

- Andy C, Calgary, Canada, 21/3/2009 2:43

Good for Canada!
Click to rate Rating 133

- Annette, Hamilton, Scotland, 21/3/2009 2:43

Excellent

At least Canada is showing some backbone. Which is more than can be said of this spineless UK 'government'.
Click to rate Rating 153

- cliff, Hastings, UK, 21/3/2009 2:43

As a Canadian I applaud this decision.
How can this man call Canada home?

If the British Government only had such moral strength.
Click to rate Rating 150

- sean, London, 21/3/2009 2:44

Great news this man should be barred from England also!
If only the British Government had the ball of the Canadian and Australian Governments.
Click to rate Rating 124

- Gary, Barcelona, 21/3/2009 2:45

Well done Canada.
Click to rate Rating 113

- Robert, Derby, 21/3/2009 2:46

I don't like Galloways Leftist views that we in Britain should be flooded with mass immigration, however I don't believe he is a terrorist and I DO believe in free speech, it is outrageous that a Western Country is doing this.
Click to rate Rating 236

- Adrian Peirson, hull Britain, 21/3/2009 2:46

Well done Canada!
Click to rate Rating 120

- Sue, London, 21/3/2009 2:47

Bravo Jason! Way to go!
Click to rate Rating 112

- Peter, Canada, 21/3/2009 2:47

THANK YOU CANADA!!!
Click to rate Rating 144

- Tom Penn, Knoxville, USA, 21/3/2009 2:47

for someone who says he's "anti-war", he does an awful lot of fighting!
Click to rate Rating 131

- F1 Fan, Kettering, UK, 21/3/2009 2:48

Can we have 'whip round' to bribe the Canadians into changing their mind?.................
and ask how much extra for them to keep him.
Click to rate Rating 327

- James, Devon, 21/3/2009 2:48

well done canada!
Click to rate Rating 420

- KARL, liverpool, 21/3/2009 2:48

Brilliant! The Canadians are obvioulsly the most sensible people on this earth!! The only downside - we still have to deal with him back in Bow ..when he bothers to actually show up!
Click to rate Rating 445

Zeitgeist308

HSC
In the wise words of a good mate of mine: Way to make an otherwise pathetic bourgeois politician feel an inflamed sense of self-importance.

gurusson

HSC
as a respected member of the NFOAIG, i would like to point out that half of the AIG is Savvak in his various guises, y does he have so many, he is always banned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)