Germany - Weimar Republic & Nazism (1 Viewer)

Graham Trevor

HSC
I've done a lot of work on the Weimar Republic, and very little on the rise of Nazism.

What are the odds that both essay questions will ask about Nazism?

[trent]

HSC
yes...i'm in the same boat...i would love a question on Versailles and establishment of Weimar! I'm screwed if it like one on Nazi foreign policy and the other on terror and propaganda :p

lou_217

HSC
Hmm well my teacher predicted there might be some sort of Weimar question and then another one from the later period (probably something to do with Nazism)

But I don't know, so don't hold me to that! I hope they don't have two Nazism questions. It would be a bit narrow, and usually they try to cover both parts of the syllabus.

Good luck anyway, everyone!! :)

el gwapo

HSC
I reckon it will be mainly on the Weimar Republic, at least one. Or it could be a hybrid, perhaps on how the failure of the Weimar led on to the rise of Nazism..?

el gwapo

HSC
if you studied the whole war, yes. the western front in depth I found more interesting than Germany's political rabbles.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've never really been into politics but i find germany's political history quite intersting

i like ww1 at the time, but now in comparison, yea, looks boring. germany is far better :eek:

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
so true. we did so much on life in the trenches ....
I am really liking the pre-nazi germany stuff, society and all that. v v interesting, I think.

bboyle

HSC
heeey..
i was wondering if anyone had any info or stuff on the Determinists' view, like that the republic was doomed to failure from the start...

annnnnnd.. any extra info on Streseman? i have a major essay question in my half yearlys on him and i don't think i know enough about him

please :D

bored6

HSC
bboyle said:
heeey..
i was wondering if anyone had any info or stuff on the Determinists' view, like that the republic was doomed to failure from the start...

annnnnnd.. any extra info on Streseman? i have a major essay question in my half yearlys on him and i don't think i know enough about him

please :D
Determinists:

[FONT=&quot]Kershaw[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: “the timid decisions of 1918-1919 meant that opportunities for a more auspious founding of the Weimar Republic were squandered”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bessel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: argues that the cultural values held by Germans, i.e. opposition to liberalism or democracy, pre 1918 founded the structural weaknesses of the Republic and lead to radicalism opposition such as the Nazi’s[/FONT]

mzduxx2006

HSC
not likely. Looking back on past HSC papers from the new syllabus they usually provide one option in reference to the Weimar Republic and one option in regards to Hitler and Totalitarianism.

Although in a way, both amalgamate with each other pretty well so i guess you cant discuss one without discussing the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)