Germany (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What did you think of the questions for Germany and the personality study? Were they fair? Were they what you were expecting? How difficult did you find them?

Skull Kid

Germany Questions were good, I did Nazi Society one, and found that pretty easy, so broad.

For personality I did Albert Speer, 1st one was very easy, and 2nd was pretty good. Got 3-4 pages on each.

I think they were pretty fair.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
In regards to Speer part (a) the identify question, did everyone just basically state the key events or elaborate??

how many pages did you write for it and did you include historiography in the part (a) question??

was it necesarry to have an intro and conclusion for that q because i just jumped right in....someone tell me for the sake of my sanity!!

Last edited:
yeah, society was super broad, but the historiography went in nicely. it sort of felt like going through all the syllabus points tho.. i went into opposition/conformity, volks,social/cultural, role of hitler, foreign policy and military defeat, gees. didn't get to exactly go into TOO much detail tho.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The society question was so so broad... you could have written about anything! Mine mainly focused on Volkgemeinschaft and the change in social and cultural life, but incorporated some stuff on propaganda... I wanted to talk about the holocaust and the war because you could tie them in but there just wasn't enough time!!!

adamj

Glieshaltung and Volkemenshaft are very similar, only that Gleishultung was related to the economy and Jews.

Mike85

I thought the Germany question was fantastic. I basically centred it on Volksgemeinschaft, talking about three specific groups (industrial workers, women and youth). I then talked about cultural changes and then addressed the historiographical debate concerning the social revolution.... It was so broad but, you could have really talked about anything.... I was disappointed I didn't have enough time to deal with the totalitarian debate, but oh well, it was a great question, and they mark you based on what you DO write, not what you dont.

Speer was also good.... though as always I think they should allocate more time for you to give a proper response.... I actually liked the second part.... I thought they'd do that after the last 2 years and the war. I basically organised it around the historiographical debate, such as the traditional view, Goldhagen, and Sereny and Weber.

Overall, A LOT better than the past two papers

lazybum

HSC
N/A
really good paper
the only thing was i did germany last coz it's my hardest and hardly had enough time to do a whole historiographical debate! i just wrote in question b all the usual things : nazi's definitely did succeed in transforming G society, wrote about militarism , volksgemienshaft, fuhrer prinzip ( able to get support through t of V) . but i forgot to write class divisions and i said there was hardly opposition , only wrote of edelweiss pirates etc etc because i didn't have enough time to debate it. What else? holocaust, gas chambers, ss , lebensborn, hitler youth, economic reforms such as robert ley policies. all together think i did ok

stuffed up leni however, first question i blitzed, but second i couldn't get a comprehensive arguement across.

i can't believe they gave us trenches AGAIN in ww1 - i didn't even study it ! thank god i remembered ( or think I did !) but what was that about christmas truce? couldn't they give us something more broad???????

frenchy

It wasn't too bad, i did the democracy one got 4 pages.
I did Speer, and got 8 pages done for him, i liked the 1st part of the question, but the 2nd part was hard, i dont think i wrote my argument right, oh well.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by adamj
Glieshaltung and Volkemenshaft are very similar, only that Gleishultung was related to the economy and Jews.

Dude gleichschaltung means coordination, that means political stuff, like the enabling act and consolidation of power, i hope u didint write about that in ur essay.
Nonethe less it was pretty good, i did transforming question and moulded my essay on totalitarianism to the question.
That speer stuff was gay, well the first part was dead easy , i dont know why they make us answer it, we know wot the question will be it just wastes time- but that second one was a bit from left field, i thought we get one on his role in the war effort, not on crap that happened b4 that.

spark

I love the word Volksgameinschaft... :D

I liked all of it. The two Speer questions were good, so to the 'Nazification' of society.

leeraff

HSC
yeh i did german society and Speer.

Didnt like the second speer question much, and i miss read the society question as 1933-1939...bah

but i got to type it up and wrote a lot :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I did German society and Leni and all in all found it quite simple.

Alexander

Gold Member
I freaked a bit when Speer 1 stared in 1927....what the hell'd he do in 1927??? I just mentioned his professor job.

Doubt many people didnt do society for Germany---
with everyone thinking it was so easy etc. it will be interesting to see the marks....we cant all get 100

Gleeso

i did the transfroming the german society one, i thought that, that was a pretty good question, as were the speer questions ... put it this way the questions could have been alot worse then what they really were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)