Getting a 99+ with 2 units of music 1 (1 Viewer)

d1zzyohs

HSC
fellow bos'ers;
my decision to choose music 1 haunts me to this day.
My school is ranked in the low 100's.
after trials I am ranked tied first with an average of ~ 96-97% in music. (4-3 students get a band 6 in a class of 8ish)
For English, I ranked first overall after trials with a trial mark of 93% (12-5 students get a band 6 in a class of 80ish)
For Maths Extension 1, I ranked ~3-4 overall with a trial mark of 90% (12-7 students get a band 6)
For Maths Extension 2, I ranked ~4-5/7 overall with a trial mark of 79% (2-1 students get a band 6) (our cohort is probably stronger in maths then any previous cohort)
For Physics I ranked ~1 overall with a trial mark of 77% (3-1 students get a band 6)

I'm really gunning for a 99. Looks definitely possible to me; as long as I can bring that Extension 2 mark up in the externals.
Anyone with more experience have a more experienced opinion?

carrotsss

HSC
Without a doubt it’s possible, just do your best in the externals. If you don’t mind me asking, what do you plan on doing in uni with a 99 atar?

d1zzyohs

HSC
Without a doubt it’s possible, just do your best in the externals. If you don’t mind me asking, what do you plan on doing in uni with a 99 atar?
I want to do UNSW Co-op comp sci/software engineering (which is minimum 96); but if I don't get that (and let's be honest, Co-op is very hard to get into), I want to do maybe Actuarial Studies/Computer Science (which I believe is a 98 selection rank).

I don't want to get 99 to become a lawyer or a doctor or anything like that... some people might think it's stupid because I'm basically spending so much time studying for 'show-off' but really, I just want to prove to myself that I can do this and that my hard work has paid off.

dasfas

HSC
I want to do UNSW Co-op comp sci/software engineering (which is minimum 96); but if I don't get that (and let's be honest, Co-op is very hard to get into), I want to do maybe Actuarial Studies/Computer Science (which I believe is a 98 selection rank).

I don't want to get 99 to become a lawyer or a doctor or anything like that... some people might think it's stupid because I'm basically spending so much time studying for 'show-off' but really, I just want to prove to myself that I can do this and that my hard work has paid off.
CS and Software Engineering together? Maybe consider one or the other, both together is redundant since they are very similar and offer identical job outcomes

jks22

HSC

I don't think you can do a double degree in UNSW Co-op...

Vall

HSC
I think they mean UNSW in either comp sci OR in software engineering

d1zzyohs

HSC
CS and Software Engineering together? Maybe consider one or the other, both together is redundant since they are very similar and offer identical job outcomes
I don't think you can do a double degree in UNSW Co-op...
ye thats true!
Yeah, I meant either CS or SE.

For double degrees; you'd have to ask your sponsor if you got in. It is possible, and I'd assume if you decided to do CS and lets say, Actuarial Studies; then it would be fair for the company to want you to have that further knowledge... but I guess that all depends since your studying on their money.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Yeah, I meant either CS or SE.

For double degrees; you'd have to ask your sponsor if you got in. It is possible, and I'd assume if you decided to do CS and lets say, Actuarial Studies; then it would be fair for the company to want you to have that further knowledge... but I guess that all depends since your studying on their money.
damn really - has anyone done this tho for Co-op?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)