Getting Marks before 6am (1 Viewer)

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i was originally under the impression that the marks would be released on friday, fuck me, i'm nervous now lol

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Nahh, I'm gonna have a nice restful sleep and wake up at about 10 am and check my marks :D

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i don't even think i'll be able to get any sleep tonite!

btw, nice avatar! :cool:

Christine

beige member
HSC
some of us have arranged to meet in the chatroom at 5 am and check them at 6!!

Rosie

i'll be up at 4am and pop into the chat room lata on, goodluck everyone!! :)

andy_84

I think I will wait until six. How's everyone feeling about it? I'm soooooo scared especially about IPT & Ancient History - I think I stuffed them up big time, but hopefully all of my others were OK.

Anyway, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
:uhoh:

rice_meister

the way i see it all is that none of it is really important, the piece of paper and the marks we get from the board of studies reflect nothing about our personalities, our willingness or ability to learn, all it demonstrates is that we could play the political game of school.

and the hsc is not the be all and end all, there are countless ways of acheiving the career you desire if your hsc marks aren't good enough to get into university or wherever you wish to go after school.

so guys, dont stress all it does is damage your health, and what good is that going to do you? your better off applying your energy at figuring out how your going to make the most of your opportunities under the current circumstances and enjoying your life.

just be happy your no longer institutionalized in school.

super mod

Originally posted by rice_meister
the way i see it all is that none of it is really important, the piece of paper and the marks we get from the board of studies reflect nothing about our personalities, our willingness or ability to learn, all it demonstrates is that we could play the political game of school.
no one is saying it does, only that it is the culmination of work from the last two years, all the hours spent studying went into this so it is not some measelyy mark but a display of how well we handled the whole thing, i think that means a lot to those who put in the many many hours.

no one said anything about personality or personal characteristics, only that they want their mark to indicate somewhat their efforts combined with skill over the past two years!!!!

Anton

HSC
Originally posted by rice_meister

and the hsc is not the be all and end all, there are countless ways of acheiving the career you desire if your hsc marks aren't good enough to get into university or wherever you wish to go after school.

so guys, dont stress all it does is damage your health, and what good is that going to do you? your better off applying your energy at figuring out how your going to make the most of your opportunities under the current circumstances and enjoying your life.

just be happy your no longer institutionalized in school.
...If you got 99 you'd be saying something like 'This mark is the ultimate representation of us as a person. It basically decides whether we will be satisfied in life. If you get a low mark, you are stupid. If you get 99 you are a god.'

At least I would. Hehe.

Anton

spice girl

magic mirror
hehe...you guys mean "lets look at it as how effective has the HSC been in measuring our intellect"

syd17

HSC
i am soooooo nervous i don't think i can chek my results. i went to bed like 3 hours ago but was so anxious that i couldn't get to sleep. :mad:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERY1 THOUGH! :D

Duckman

well im Bloody nervous also hopefully the marks wont ruin my bday b4, but then again i spose if they bad i can always go to the pub

Missngel

i seriously dont think i can get any sleep tonight knowing the results are out tomorrow and the worst thing is i gotta work tomorrow!!!How do u force someone to sleep?????

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
drop a few panedine forte, knock yourself out. :rolleyes:

i might get up at abt 5, check, then stumble back into bed to consider them.

i am definietely NOT feeding the marks into lazseeker. that'd mess with my brain cos invariably the marks will differ, what with a whole new yeargroup and amendments to the syllabi (syllabusses?) and whatnot.

Anton

HSC
Carn people, this is fun. You've worked hard, and you're getting the results of that work tomorrow. And even if you didn't work hard, does it matter?

To be all year 3 about it; 'take a chill pill.' And if you really can't get rid of the nervousness, drink a lot of coke and coffee, maybe do some speed (err...or not) and stay up...and resign yourself to staying up so you stress less.

Rock on,
Anton

timmii

sporadic attendee
I know this is the most unhealthy attitude, but I'm so nervous I think I'll be disappointed no matter what i get, just becoz it comes no where near to reflecting the amount of work/effort i invested. Obviously i would be *more* disappointed with some results than others however and I know the UAI i need to get into my course - and want to get above that.

Oh well....que sera sera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)