getting sick right before the hsc starts? (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
ok, currently im very sick atm and lately i can not concentrate on studying my subjects before the hsc, and i think i can not take the exams on monday for english, no its not an excuse, i actually have to see the doctor etc because i have a heart condition something to do with blood clot etc.. long discussion dont need too much details, i had this same problem before and i become very ill and can be bedsick for almost more than a week, i wanted so bad to be fit and well to do the exams and wanting to get through it, but my sickness has me being delayed on studying and preparing for monday, i have no idea what to do?? should i get a doctor's certificate and do the first exams afterwards (wherever that is??) or take the exams when im ill and risk getting a lower mark than what im suppose to aim when im not ill???

any suggestions?

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
you can't do the exams after...you can fill out an illness/misadventure form and not do the exam and just have your assessment mark as your external mark, but if you were looking to improve your results, then it kinda sucks.
im sick too and ive been taking heaps of vitamins etc. tis annoying but what can ya do.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
muselara said:
you can't do the exams after...you can fill out an illness/misadventure form and not do the exam and just have your assessment mark as your external mark, but if you were looking to improve your results, then it kinda sucks.
im sick too and ive been taking heaps of vitamins etc. tis annoying but what can ya do.

ok thanks for the help, that means im stuck doing it whether im ill or not :(

helper

HSC
N/A
Make sure if you get a doctors certificate it clearly states that you have suffered a condition that has becomes worse for the exam, not an ongoing condition.

Peartie

HSC
You can only get special permission to miss it if you get sick before the exam as helper said...if it is an ongoing condition you needed 2 have sought special provisions a while ago...

rachael230

if you have a careers advisor at school you can go to them with a doctors certificate before the exam, and then u can file for illness/misadventure. im not quite sure what happens but our advisor said that they can take the internal mark and adjust and stuff if ur exam mark is lower than that mark, but if not you still get the higher (hsc) mark.
im sorry if that didnt make sense

studynoob

HSC
N/A
sucks to be you! (some sick person out there is laughing his ass off)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)