getting to penrith campus (1 Viewer)

millymoo

HSC
getting to penrith campus...

ok so i live in the strathfield area... does anyone know how long it would take to get to the penrith campus and what public transport is involved... train obviously and busses> walking>??

my worry is that if i wind up at uws (b communications) ill be too lazy to get up and go that far!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Train is about 30 minutes or so, depending on shitty rail though :p atleast you live on the right line.

Get off at werrington (from memory i think it was) sorry, I've only been to the campus once. Get off the train and walk towards the bus stops and theres a bus - i think theres a timetable somewhere. Or you can walk, but it will take yonks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
strathfield, penrith

catch a train you'll be right.

my friend catches from penrith to the city for uni... and i have to catch vice versa to visit him. strathfield.... seriously catch a train, 30 minutes aint bad... plus there are those hot to trot fast ones that stop at strathfield

L

LaraB

go to the uws website - there's maps of the general area and campuses and there should be details about the shuttle buses that run to certain campuses and they have suggestions for what trains and buses to catch:)

make sure you check which penrith campus you're at:) there's only a couple of hundred metres between teh 1st and last ones but you don't wanna end up planning for the wrong one..

it'll be werrington nth, werrington sth or kingswood - Penrith campus is just offices n stuff

Super_Flyse

HSC
Yeah, Fast trains stop at Strathfield, but don't stop at Kingswood which pretty much rules them out.

But yeah, train from Strathfield to Kingswood and then you can walk to the bus shuttle thing that is right near there. Strathfield to Kingswood is about 45 minutes on the train.

Or if its Kingswood campus, then its only about a 15-20 minute walk to the campus itself, just have to walk through the park which is about 5 minutes from the station.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I live in Strathfield too and the good thing is many of the expresses stop there, last time I went to Penrith it was about 1/2 an hr...but i'm not sure how close the campus is to the station

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bugger. I want express trains to Richmond. But no, they must insist on stopping every station between lidcombe and richmond. Bastards!

You won't be catching the express train to uni, like Super_Flyse said, because it generally stops blacktown and then penrith, and you have to get off before penrith. But the penrith trains don't stop at every stop between lidcombe and parramatta and westmead and seven hills, so travel time will be reduced.

melodic_gal

HSC
you catch a train to Kingswood then as you get out of the station you walk left until u see a bus stop. and get on aboard the shuttle bus

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melodic_gal said:
you catch a train to Kingswood then as you get out of the station you walk left until u see a bus stop. and get on aboard the shuttle bus
yup, get off the train and follow the huge crowd of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)