girls only (1 Viewer)

millymoo

HSC
those of you who are sexually active do you girls go for pap smears? things are feeling a bit odd down there lately and im thinking its time to get things checked out... ive been sexually active for over a year, with one person... also if i decide to go speak to doctor do i need to ninja my parents medicare card? or is there alternative ways... or should i go to a gyno?

i have a mbf card but i dont think thats right for doctors visits is it??

can anyone quote me on costs etc?? and your experiences there?

also is there anyway when they post yuor results that you can somehow make it that your parents cant tell where its from lol... as you can tell im very anxious about the whole thing

greatly appreciated thanks a lot xxoo

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Even if u arent active....u should have pap smears when u're around 18...if u dont want to tell ur parents..just say u think it should be wise just to start checking now....i better go & do mine soon...im not active, but i do have cancer in mum's side of the family..so u can never be too careful :)

Soz...i might have not answered ur question..but i hope someone can!!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i went to this place in wollongong called chain.
its for teenagers to 24yr old and it has doctors and gynos and free condoms and lube.
i went there to get a pap smear with my best friend and it was free, and we called up for the results a week later.
my friend didnt have a medicare card, and she told the people but they still let her get one done.
maybe if you can go through your parents wallet and get the number of the medicare card and write it down, you can take that.
i think local doctors also do pap smears aswell.
hospitals maybe???
google FPA australia and you might be able to find a FPA near where you live, as they do all that sex related stuff, and i think they are free, or relatively cheap.

Skeeta

HSC
if you are over 16 you can get your own medicare card (at no cost). If you go to a doctor that bulk bills, you dont have to pay anything.. and u wont recieve any mail or anythin that your parents can question you about. Most regular doctors do pap smears, if they find anything abnormal then they are likely to send you to a gyno, but for the initial test you dont necessarily have to go to one

oh yes family planning clinics also do that sort of stuff (as sofay said)

jesscookie

HSC
i got one done the other week, along witha few STI tests, but as i got it done at the doctor, i got sent a bill for $135. its free up at the family planning clinic, and you can get a woman to do it. i had the scary man doctor lol

Lainee

HSC
I'm not sexually active, but my mum suggested I should get things checked out because both her and my sister have had tumours and the like. I'm too freaked out to go do it though. :(

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah, if things feel weird, definitely get it checked out. i had really bad pains for ages and it turns out i have ovarian cysts.

if it's too hard to get your hands on your medicare card, or you dont want your parents finding out (i know mine would), look up the white pages/internet for local sexual health clinics, or women's clinics, as people have said, they're very useful.

*Minka*

HSC
Lainee said:
I'm not sexually active, but my mum suggested I should get things checked out because both her and my sister have had tumours and the like. I'm too freaked out to go do it though. :(
I know it sounds scary, but do it. I have endometriosis and had surgery to remove a couple of small tumors and believe me, things are much better now and the problem could have escalated if I had not whined about the pain I was in!

It is a bit uncomfortable at first having someone prodding down there, but just look away and think of anything else and you will be OK.

*Minka*

HSC
By the way - have you got a Health Care Card? I got one now I just left school because it has nothing to do with parents income (I'd be fucked if it was lol) and just about yours. You need to earn less than $4000 every two months or something like that I think.

That would allievate a lot of the cost.

HSC
I get mine done at the medical centre. It's free and because they already have my details (medicare number and stuff) they don't need my card. But like someone else said, its only like $135 anyways...

They don't send out the results - you have to go pick them up... But if you subscribe (which is a good idea) to the (I don't have a clue what you call it) they send you a letter and then three months after your pap smear is due they send you a reminder (if you haven't already gotten it).

As for the test itself - get a female doctor or nurse to administrate it. (Alot more comfortable) It doesn't hurt, its just uncomfortable... Just ask the person administrating the test to explain it to you. Ask for a cylmidia (WTF I can't spell today) test done at the same time - they are very similar and it saves someone going down their twice!!!

Your 18 (and this counts for 16 and above), your doctor can NOT disclose any information you give him/her unless your going to harm yourself or others (Or I think if you have AIDs they report that.) It's called the LAW!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
centerlink said:
Status Weekly Income 8 weekly income
Single, no children $351.00 $2808.00
i think most people of my friends, etc would fit under this!

how can i prove my income if i just do casual babysitting?

Adrian.

HSC
alby said:
i think most people of my friends, etc would fit under this!

how can i prove my income if i just do casual babysitting?
Payslips, if its cash in hand tell them you have no income.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
do you fil out a tax return for the money you get from babysitting? if not, then you have, effectively, zero income.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)