Good anime [pref in english] (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ok so ive never really watched anime, but a friend about a year ago gave me a few that he has, but i have seen hardly anything, pretty much this:
dragonball z
fullmetal alchemist
and death note
I have trigun but havent seen it yet
same for paranoia agent

Thats pretty much it.

I have heard bleach, naruto and ghost in the shell are good, but i havent looked at them and they seem a bit kiddie. Are the ones i havent seen yet worth watching?
I would prefer stuff thats more action oriented then love,drama lame stuff...i like sci fi, guns, police, army, fantasy[e.g fullmetal] anything like that.

So whats some really good [not lame girl stuff like lucky star] anime thats in English thats not too hard to get into for someone new to the genre

HSC
try inuyasha. it's a fantasy set in feudal japan with lots of demons, the plot is basically this group of individuals (a girl from modern japan, a half-demon, a monk, a demon-slayer and a fox demon) go around fighting demons for the sacred jewel of power so there's heaps of battles (not with guns, with claws and swords etc - my dad commented 'this is a very bloodthirsty show') and a lot of action. it's definitely not for kids, there's swearing, sexual references and violence etc, pretty sure you can download or at least watch it on the internet. it might seem lame at the start but it gets better.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Code Geass, it has parts you could swear are stolen from Deathnote but it has Mecha aswell. (the mechanical suit things)

Are you purposely not watching Naruto and Bleach? They are more like DBZ or Avatar (btw avatar is not anime, its made in usa) but are still good, but bleach > naruto imo. They are deffinetely not childish, but Naruto is quite a bit more childish than bleach is. If you havent already, you must see Deathnote - its very good.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
inuyasha sounds like it might be good.

I am not purposefully avoiding them, i will give them a try when i get them off another friend, but after watching avatar, i liked it but you know it was designed for a kid audience, thats what i mean :) and i only have so much download limit a month so i need to ration it out. If it doesnt seem like i will think its the best thing ever, then i wont bother until i watch a few other things that i know i will love.

I am half way through death note, i like it a lot, good mystery, but its a bit sparse on action so i want next one i watch to be full of it :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
inuyasha sounds like it might be good.

I am not purposefully avoiding them, i will give them a try when i get them off another friend, but after watching avatar, i liked it but you know it was designed for a kid audience, thats what i mean :) and i only have so much download limit a month so i need to ration it out. If it doesnt seem like i will think its the best thing ever, then i wont bother until i watch a few other things that i know i will love.

I am half way through death note, i like it a lot, good mystery, but its a bit sparse on action so i want next one i watch to be full of it :)
Your only half way through deathnote, thats all i say ;)

Yeah Avatar is childish as its designed for kids, Bleach has swearing and actual violence. A lot of that is censored in english dubs though.

Nyxie

HSC
Fullmetal Alchemist is amazing. I had never watched anime before and my friends showed me FMA, and I really liked it (still do.) It has great characters, a really engaging and intense plot and heaps of twists. Watch it!

Clank_

HSC
Cowboy Bebop. The characters are aluring, the story is beautiful, the music is brilliant. Pure genious.

HSC
Uni Grad
Cowboy Bebop. The characters are aluring, the story is beautiful, the music is brilliant. Pure genious.
I have this, but I'm yet to watch it.

Also the vast majority of the time english sub is better than dub, the voices are often icky and fucked up.
That said, if you grow up with specific ones like pokemon or dbz, you may not find it to be the case.

Clank_

HSC
I have this, but I'm yet to watch it.

Also the vast majority of the time english sub is better than dub, the voices are often icky and fucked up.
That said, if you grow up with specific ones like pokemon or dbz, you may not find it to be the case.
The dub for Cowboy Bebop is actually exceptionally good. Much better than the Japanese voice cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)