Good/bad exam rooms (1 Viewer)

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Was your exam room good or bad?

do you think enviromental factors make it unfair?

My exam room was pretty bad, it was a big shed and it was really dark once they closed the doors, the only lights were in the centre of the room and sitting in the front row made my shadow cover everything i was reading. collapseable and wobbely desks, squeeky fold up chairs, no board telling us when the exam started or finished and awkwardly placed clocks.

The supervisors were hopeless making us wait while they took half an hour after the exam finished to collect our papers.

your thoughts?

E

Effekt

I had all the usual dickheads from year 7 calling out getting attention to themselves. We had supervisors telling us they want us to use black pens as it is preferred they even gave you a black pen if you didn't have one. Desk was kinda wonky and yeah they took like 40 minutes to collect our papers ffs so ridiculous!

Agreed the environment does affect me it either puts you in the right frame or the wrong frame.

amour

Female
HSC
Was your exam room good or bad?

do you think enviromental factors make it unfair?

My exam room was pretty bad, it was a big shed and it was really dark once they closed the doors, the only lights were in the centre of the room and sitting in the front row made my shadow cover everything i was reading. collapseable and wobbely desks, squeeky fold up chairs, no board telling us when the exam started or finished and awkwardly placed clocks.

The supervisors were hopeless making us wait while they took half an hour after the exam finished to collect our papers.

your thoughts?
lol
u can leave once they collect ur paper

13abie

HSC
my had ups and downs. The kids who took rest time kept talking in the middle so that was distracting, and the examiners got the time wrong (said 10 mins to go when there was 2, so they just randomly said pens down). But also while a little incompetent, they were really nice, the guy kept coming around and filling up a plastic cup with water

SayWut

HSC
lol
u can leave once they collect ur paper
What he meant was that it took half an hour to collect to papers, rather than waiting around half an hour AFTER the papers were collected.

E

Effekt

How many people are allowed to leave once they have finished their exam? We have to stay until everyone has finished which is good cause i never finish before time.

amour

Female
HSC
What he meant was that it took half an hour to collect to papers, rather than waiting around half an hour AFTER the papers we collected.
what i meant was once they collect ur individual paper you can leave while they are collecting other ppls papers.
thankgod i was the second paper to be collected, so i could leave while everyone else had to wait, one-by-one

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
I had to wait untill all standards papers were collected and most of advanced before they even looked at my end of the room.

Whats this about pens? we could use what we wanted, they didn't say anything.

They gave you water? We got to bring a bottle if we wanted, but it had to go on the floor.

The supervisor stood in front of me the whole exam, when i looked up all i could see was his, well you know. It annoyed when they started talking because he had a really deep voice.

HSC
My exam room was quite good, nicely lit room and a large clock that was easily visible, the chairs were ok but I didn't like the desks (real wobbly). Our supervisors ran through everything before the exam began and gave us a warning 10min before we finished, which I thought was quite good. They also made no mention of using black pens over blue pens.

deebsm

HSC
Our exam room is our hall... and its a multi-purpose centre so it has basketball hoops at either side... and we use the basketball clock.

Our supervisors are seriously SLOW. geez takes them like 30 minutes to do all the papers... and everyone was talking and all they did was say stop talking ever so softly that practically no one heard it.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
One of our supervisors was having severe coughing fits the entire time, it was like she was dying. Other than that we were in two classrooms, advanced seperated from standard in the hall, the old ladies were really nice and conditions good. Though if that old lady keeps coughing like that some of us are going to ask her to leave or worse.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
My room was alright, nice and quiet except for the examiners talking. The clock at the front of the room hasn't got numbers on it, and I was at the back of the room so a few times I got the hands mixed up, and the other clock had lots of troubles.
First the batteries were dead, then it was placed so that it was blocked by one of the other students, so I had to look past him, and then I got glare. After that they blu-tacked it to the wall, until it eventually fell off. It probably fell down three times.

One girl had really strong perfume on, which at first smelt nice, but after half an hour it just started getting really thick in the air making me feel kinda nauseous. Otherwise nothing wrong with it :D

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
One male supervisor wouldn't shut the fuck up. And he was the loudest person I had ever fucking heard. Omg.
The fucking kids outside need to learn to shut the fuck up and everybody in general needs to stop being a cunt and going to the toilet every five minutes.

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
I suppose the advantage of us doing ours in an ill lit shed is that it's not at school.. We don't get the noisy children, just hoons.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
I suppose the advantage of us doing ours in an ill lit shed is that it's not at school.. We don't get the noisy children, just hoons.
Yeah we do ours in the hall in the local nursing home. So glad we don't do it on the school grounds, I hate the young kids at my school, bunch of snotty little shits really :D

13abie

HSC
One male supervisor wouldn't shut the fuck up. And he was the loudest person I had ever fucking heard. Omg.
The fucking kids outside need to learn to shut the fuck up and everybody in general needs to stop being a cunt and going to the toilet every five minutes.
I agree but less angrily :p
people need to stop going to the toilet...Its HSC ffs.

Haaalp

HSC
Ours was ok. We were upstairs of the RSL club. The floor vibrated a bit from the air conditioning and i had a bitch who complained about everything in front of me! She tried talking to a supervisor she knew well once she finished.

M

MichelleV

I happened to be sitting below the one flickering light.
So we asked the lady in charge to turn it off.
She said no

Dx

Haaalp

HSC
I happened to be sitting below the one flickering light.
So we asked the lady in charge to turn it off.
She said no

Dx
Should have chucked a 'I have been known on occasion to become disoriented, pass out and have seizures from flickering lights. Please turn it off, or prepare for me to make on
hell of a disruption to your exam"

E

Effekt

I must say, some people do their exams in some STRANGE places. I was under the assumption they were all done at school...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)