• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good books for year 12? (1 Viewer)

Purplxe

HSC
Can people share books they had/have for year 12 the ones I had in year 11 were fine but often the back and sometimes the front would slowly come off and I’d have to lose pages to staple it back on

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I didn't do this but I would if I did Y12 again

Have a binder with plastic dividers for you subjects, you bring this and paper with you to school. I would also print all syllabuses now and bring them in this binder so that you can always look at the syllabus when in class or want to study during frees/recess/lunch. If u do math I would recommend you print the HSC formula sheet too and literally always have it next to you when you're doing math, there is no point in not using the formula sheet.

Have a big binder for each subject at home into which you put work that you don't need in your school binder in the upcoming days. This binder can have dividers/sticky notes for particular topics. I would also print syllabuses for these binders so you don't have to swap them around all the time.

This way you don't have a fat binder at school (like I did) and all your work is organised and easy to find.

popjin

HSC
I didn't do this but I would if I did Y12 again

Have a binder with plastic dividers for you subjects, you bring this and paper with you to school. I would also print all syllabuses now and bring them in this binder so that you can always look at the syllabus when in class or want to study during frees/recess/lunch. If u do math I would recommend you print the HSC formula sheet too and literally always have it next to you when you're doing math, there is no point in not using the formula sheet.

Have a big binder for each subject at home into which you put work that you don't need in your school binder in the upcoming days. This binder can have dividers/sticky notes for particular topics. I would also print syllabuses for these binders so you don't have to swap them around all the time.

This way you don't have a fat binder at school (like I did) and all your work is organised and easy to find.
^^ Bloody oath, this is a great method. I used to have one fat binder as well, but it actually got totally full and so in my last few terms I switched to a smaller "working" binder with bare essentials and kept most of my stuff at home. Do this if you're getting a binder, it'll save you a lot of pain.

2ba3

HSC
Any old book can be used, supermarket quality is fine, even Keji which is notorious for their bad products. What may increase your book's life is the way you store it (avoid bending it, avoid moist environments) as well as preventative measures (lamination, tape sealing the seam between the covers and the front and last page).
Just note that not all subjects warrant the same book type to be used for notes. e.g. for Biology I used a binder and for Engineering Studies I used a ringed book. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)