Good on you BOS (1 Viewer)

zemaj

I was doing some notes on Section 9.2. I ended up with about 14 pages, but one dot point took 3 pages! It's that stupid battery one. If only they put an "or" on there so we didn't have to do them all. If they hadn't been so specific in last years HSC, and my trail, about it, I would have been temped to only learn one.

:chainsaw:

-zem

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
well, to spread more good news, as of next year they're rehauling the entire syllabus so that next year's students

- only need to know one of the lead acid accumulator or standard cell, and one other battery

- only need to know about one monitoring test (ie. one of nitrogen content in fertiliser, sulfate content in fertiliser, citric acid in orange juice, etc.)

...among other things

There is no doubt as to how much they dislike our year...;)

Ronnie

STRESS LESS!!!!

instead you can be rest assured that they won't ask a battery question this year cos they had a 6 or 8 marker on that one last year hence they won't use it this time round

and for monitoring management all they really want you to do is being able to calculate using molarity for each one of them, knowing one in detail is good enough to get u thru!

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
while they asked a big one on batteries last yaer, it was answered so poorly that theres a good chance they could ask it again. but if thet've changed next years sylabus so they don't need to know all of them i'm tempted to say that if we get one it'll be like "compare the chemistry and impact of a battery you have studied with the lead-acid or dry cell. personally i've just learnt the lead-acid and mercury.......in our trial thats all we needed any way. just a logical hunch:D

Ozz^E

I dont think it was specific in last yr HSC paper...they allowed us to choose one and compare it to either lead-acid or dry. But i agree..i dun think there will be a high-mark question on it this time round.

zemaj

Don't forget they could ask a Multi choice on it. Our Trails did that on the Gretzel cell and just about no one got it :p

-zem

Ronnie

If they do ask something about it in the multiple choice.... I still have a 25% chance of getting it right

which one would u sacrifice? 1 mark or perhaps studying something else which can be in the paper?

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
did they refine the syllabus after or before they wrote the exams..? cos I thought the exams were written really early in the year, and next year's syllabus didn't come out until mid year, term 3 ish. I think.

besides...if they can't be bitches next year, they'd try and do all the horrible stuff this year.

my guess

8 mark question on batteries.. just to piss you off
8 mark the realiablility Q from the catholic.. just to piss you off
8 mark critically analyse and evaluate while justifying and outlining the use of orange juice as an acid. also just to piss you offf

10 marks on how to learn chemistry from a reliable source ( ie. NOT THE SYLLIBUS) again...just to piss you off.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by user
did they refine the syllabus after or before they wrote the exams..? cos I thought the exams were written really early in the year, and next year's syllabus didn't come out until mid year, term 3 ish. I think.

besides...if they can't be bitches next year, they'd try and do all the horrible stuff this year.
yeah, the exams were written in March or thereabouts. The revised syllabus is for next year

Ace-Pilot

Originally posted by Weisy

yeah, the exams were written in March or thereabouts. The revised syllabus is for next year
Exams are written in MArch ??

Are you sure bout this ?

Chicken

The exams are written really early!!
How else could they have them checked, double checked, and rechecked, and have all the marking guidelines worked out etc etc??!!

The syllabus overall is changing because there was just too much in it, and it was too complex.

This may turn out to be an advantage for us, as the subject could be scaled up more this year as a result of the findings!!

YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)