Government handling of terror attacks (1 Viewer)

DooGseY

HSC
I have started this thread not to talk specifically about terrorist attacks but rather the way in which the government reacts to them and to the terrorists themselves.

In my eyes, Blair and Bush have used the events in London for nothing more than to push forward a dangerous national ego and remind us just who the bad guys are. I fail to see how either of them have made progressive steps to really stop terrorism. I honestly don’t think they are that keen to stop it anyway, because when it does come up, their speeches are riddled with national pride and bring more excuses to control us and deliver their own agenda. Not once have I seen them sympathetic towards the victims of these attacks for more than a sentence, but instead they choose to reinforce their tough and 'impressive' stance on terrorism rather than trying to figure out why these attacks happen.

I was particularly displeased with the way in which Blair handled his speech in reply to the latest attacks. “We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism. When they try to intimidate us, we will not be intimidated, when they seek to change our country, our way of life by these methods, we will not be changed. We will show by our spirit and dignity and by a quiet and true strength that there is in the British people, that our values will long outlast theirs.” I don’t believe we are “united” at all, and the support for Bush and Blair at present is lacking at best. Terrorism sources from every part of the globe at some point, so I don’t believe they can actually stop what is happening by using force, because in most cases it is happening right under their noses. America have been searching for Bin Laden for 10 years now, and that’s just one person, they are not as powerful as they like to think and its about time we all realise this.

The London mayor speaks about every day people: “They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you [terrorists] because you tell them how they should live. They don’t want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.” I really can’t count how many lies he just spat out about freedom and harmony in an effort to gain public approval. It would be much harder to reach out to potential terrorists and bring change by sharing the wealth of what Western society has to offer. Without doing so, and instead isolating the parts of the world where terrorism comes from, attacks are going to continue to happen.

Bush was also looking for nothing more than public support, and it could not have been clearer. "On the one hand, we got people here who are working to alleviate poverty and to help rid the world of the pandemic of AIDS and that are working on ways to have a clean environment. And on the other hand, you've got people killing innocent people. And the contrast couldn't be clearer between the intentions and the hearts of those of us who care deeply about human rights and human liberty, and those who kill, those who've got such evil in their heart that they will take the lives of innocent folks." Please! This coming from a guy that kills innocent people every other day of the year. Bush is really trying to create hatred for anyone that opposes his regime. "We are good, they are bad. We will screen this attack on tv all night and day just so you know it." You could almost call his reaction propaganda. I am of the opinion that 9/11 was an excellent opportunity to make world peace a reality. If only Bush's brain had evolved past that of a caveman's, he would realise that eye-for-an-eye has never worked and never will work, that retaliation is not an acceptable answer to a terrorist attack, and unfortunately it looks like Britain will make the same mistake again. No lessons have been learned and terrorism is still present because these leaders would rather surround us with fear, fill us with pride, and put an end to the progression of humanity.

I am shocked at the direction in which they have taken and continue to take with this whole issue. Vowing to stop terrorism and not identifying why terrorism occurs, do they not know that you can't fight an invisible enemy? Without a change from this policy there can be no end to terrorism, it is a dead end because there is no potential for a result, and it is only a matter of time until people realise the bullshit their government has caused them and the rest of the world. Terrorism is going to keep occurring until they choose to react differently.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You will never stop terorrism. Sure its possible to fracture their networks, disturb their communications, funding etc, but in the end anybody can wander the streets with a bomb. We could remove freedom of movement, but that would be stupid. Terrorists cannot be stopped. Government response must be to rectify the conditions that breed terrorists.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Deus said:
You will never stop terorrism. Sure its possible to fracture their networks, disturb their communications, funding etc, but in the end anybody can wander the streets with a bomb. We could remove freedom of movement, but that would be stupid. Terrorists cannot be stopped. Government response must be to rectify the conditions that breed terrorists.
ah God. Maybe if we tried to address the fundamental....but no, it'll never work. This is the only way.

DooGseY

HSC
I am not talking about ways to fight terrorism, I am completely against that because it should not exist in the first place. There are countless problems facing the world, particularly in regions occupied by terrorists, and yet one of America's priorities is spending trillions on sending a man to Mars. As I said, by giving the middle east and other areas that tend to harbour terrorists the perks that the west have to offer, there would be no more need for terrorism because the world would truly be working as one. Instead, we choose to isolate and fight them, which will bring no good whatsoever. I guess I am an optomist that just wished we could all understand and appreciate each other, but their tactics at present do not work, and there is no denying something different needs to be done.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
if you havent realised terrorism is a business, america and the uk earns heaps out of it. iraq creates employment big bucks a good examplei douglas wood is he rich or wat?

spell check

HSC
well the number one stupidest reaction to 9/11 that happened was to invade iraq - the second holiest place in islam

the ultimate goal of al qaeda is to install fundamentalist muslim governments in places like saudi arabia, egypt and pakistan whose current governments are pawns of the west. conflict with the west is the overarching strategy they use in order to create a rift between the west and everyday people in those middle eastern countries who ordinarily wouldn't support their extremism. invading iraq was clearly the opposite of what should have happened

what should have happened after 9/11 was an increased multilateral counterterrorist effort to disrupt finances, infrastructure and uncover cells in places like america and europe in the short term and in the long term stop people wanting to join terrorist networks by decreasing inequality and poverty. just like the US army needs poor kids from cities to fight for the aims of the politicians, terrorist organisations need recruits to be shaped into extremists.

spell check

HSC
it's kinda scary when the most powerful nation in the world doesn't know enough about foreign politics or basic strategy to take the right action against something like this and instead lies to its citizens in order to pursue a completely unrelated and stupidly counterproductive agenda

Quote: "You would have thought something like that would have happened...."

no that would be way too intelligent and sensible for governments to do!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
spell check said:
well the number one stupidest reaction to 9/11 that happened was to invade iraq - the second holiest place in islam

the ultimate goal of al qaeda is to install fundamentalist muslim governments in places like saudi arabia, egypt and pakistan whose current governments are pawns of the west. conflict with the west is the overarching strategy they use in order to create a rift between the west and everyday people in those middle eastern countries who ordinarily wouldn't support their extremism. invading iraq was clearly the opposite of what should have happened

what should have happened after 9/11 was an increased multilateral counterterrorist effort to disrupt finances, infrastructure and uncover cells in places like america and europe in the short term and in the long term stop people wanting to join terrorist networks by decreasing inequality and poverty. just like the US army needs poor kids from cities to fight for the aims of the politicians, terrorist organisations need recruits to be shaped into extremists.
ist not the second holiest place in islam. iraq was a strategic place and tats why it was invaded, only israel are allied with" allies" in the middle east and so Iraq close syria and iran is very important to the "allies" and is another reason for its invasion. In future it will serve as a base for attacks on Syria and iran which seem inevitable thanks to the terrorists.

spell check

HSC
so we should just admit defeat?

or should countries like the US and britain go invade another unrelated nation just to distract people from their inability to do anything constructive

Last edited:

heybraham

HSC
"The First World War was to be fought so as to enable the Illuminati to destroy Czarism in Russia, as vowed by the International Bankers after the Czar had torpedoed his scheme at the congress held in Vienna, and to transform Russia into a stronghold of atheistic Communism. The differences stirred up by agents of the Illuminati between the German and British Empires would be used to foment this war. After the war would be ended, Communism was to be built up and used to destroy other governments and weaken religions.

The Second World War, when and if necessary, was to be fomented by using the controversies between fascist and political Zionists. During this war, International Communism was to be built up until it equaled in strenght that of the United Christendom. When it reached that point, it was to be contained and kept in check until required for the final social cataclysm.

The Third World War is to be fomented by using the so-called controversy agents of the Illuminati would stir up between political Zionists and the leaders of the Moslem world. That war is to be directed in such a manner that all of Islam and political Zionism, Israel, will destroy each other while, at the same time, the remaining nations, once more divided on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion - physically, mentally, spiritually, and economically. The stage will then be set to put the one world government into operation."

extract from
http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

i personally don't believe it, but i can't really deny the possibiliity either; seeing how corrupt the world can be. if you're interested, just read the whole article, whether its true or not i think the concept is quite logical. check it out, you'll see how it relates to terrorism and global domination (Revelations in the bible etc.)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
admit defeat? we dont have a war going on? its only a the government having a war, the general people havent done anything when you think about, we opposed nearly all the invasions.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
heybraham said:
"The First World War was to be fought so as to enable the Illuminati to destroy Czarism in Russia, as vowed by the International Bankers after the Czar had torpedoed his scheme at the congress held in Vienna, and to transform Russia into a stronghold of atheistic Communism. The differences stirred up by agents of the Illuminati between the German and British Empires would be used to foment this war. After the war would be ended, Communism was to be built up and used to destroy other governments and weaken religions.

The Second World War, when and if necessary, was to be fomented by using the controversies between fascist and political Zionists. During this war, International Communism was to be built up until it equaled in strenght that of the United Christendom. When it reached that point, it was to be contained and kept in check until required for the final social cataclysm.

The Third World War is to be fomented by using the so-called controversy agents of the Illuminati would stir up between political Zionists and the leaders of the Moslem world. That war is to be directed in such a manner that all of Islam and political Zionism, Israel, will destroy each other while, at the same time, the remaining nations, once more divided on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion - physically, mentally, spiritually, and economically. The stage will then be set to put the one world government into operation."

extract from
http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

i personally don't believe it, but i can't really deny the possibiliity either; seeing how corrupt the world can be. if you're interested, just read the whole article, whether its true or not i think the concept is quite logical. check it out, you'll see how it relates to terrorism and global domination (Revelations in the bible etc.)
bs=bullshit wat r u talkibg about

spell check

HSC
HotShot said:
admit defeat? we dont have a war going on? its only a the government having a war, the general people havent done anything when you think about, we opposed nearly all the invasions.
we= political leaders

and obviously the 'general people' are stupid if they re-elected leaders who sent their countries to a war that they 'opposed', based on lies

tattoodguy

not to be racist..............but its no fucking suprise who fucking did this fucking bombing.......its always the same fucking people.

if we want to be fucking serious about eliminating terrorism or atleast insulating ourselves...we should loook at our immmigration policy.

Our government is fucked. If we get blown up, gooood. Alll u political correct do goooders who welcome our enemy into the country with open arms - u will be responsible when they blow us up.

You people are fucking stupid, your ruining this fucking country, and if it takes you to be mangled or set on fire to make you wake up to reality so be it.

When the ppple u welcome to the country turn around and kill ur families or blow offf your limbs - ill be larfing at ya, cos i fucking warned you about htem but u wouldnt listen.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
HotShot said:

We elect the governments. What they do is in the people's name.

spell check

HSC
who needs the illuminati when you have neo-cons in washington shaping policy

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
tattoodguy said:
not to be racist..............but its no fucking suprise who fucking did this fucking bombing.......its always the same fucking people.

if we want to be fucking serious about eliminating terrorism or atleast insulating ourselves...we should loook at our immmigration policy.

Our government is fucked. If we get blown up, gooood. Alll u political correct do goooders who welcome our enemy into the country with open arms - u will be responsible when they blow us up.

You people are fucking stupid, your ruining this fucking country, and if it takes you to be mangled or set on fire to make you wake up to reality so be it.

When the ppple u welcome to the country turn around and kill ur families or blow offf your limbs - ill be larfing at ya, cos i fucking warned you about htem but u wouldnt listen.
farken no good farken non-australians

i mean fark i knew it waz da azns all along

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)