GRavity data reductions??? (1 Viewer)

Petinga

HSC
i cant find any were of ever doing a gravity data reduction question. colud someone post one up and the solution of how to do this

thnx

Naylyn

HSC
the hsc online site has some OK infomation on gravity data reduction...

The jist of it is this; there are two main types of corrections Temporal (time) and spatial.

Temporal- Earth tide correction accounts for the changes due to the tides
-Instrument drift- accounts for the changes due to the instrument moving while the reading is being taken

Spatial-
Latitudinal- Accounts for the fact that the Earth isnt totally spherical
Bougier height - accounts for the surrounding terrain always subtracted because if the reading on the top of a mountain there is less nearby pulling the meter dwon and if the reading is taken from the bottom of a valley then the mountains on either side are pulling the meter up.
Free air- Accounts for the height of the meter
Topographical- Accounts for the wider terrain surrounding the place that the reading is takem from

I can't gurantee that this is totally correct since it was all off the top of my head but it should be mostly right.

smile4me

HSC
We had a gravity data question today :S but along with the dot point it provided all the information and all we had to do was process it.
did it take eveyone else ages too?

any future gephysists to satisfy this dot point do the 2006 paper i would recomend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)