Guantanamo Bay (1 Viewer)

HSC
Having just got back from schoolies on the 4th, im not really too up to date with whats been happening in the media at all.

However, i did hear last night that terry hicks was abused at a rally or something for whatever reason. First, what was the rally for, what was he abused for/about, and by whom?

Second, it occured to me once: how can someone be an illegal combatant under US law, when the US constitution protects the right of citizens to bear arms? this seems like a massive contradiction, although i guess its no surprise that a)laws dont make sense, and b) the US government is not consistent in regard to terrorist charges. Can someone please help me to understand exactly what the deal is here?

Also feel free to discuss any other guantanamo bay stuff you want.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
the eureka stockade ppl didnt want terry hicks walking in thier traditional march...maybe they thought it would be too contriversal....also i was just reading now that the soldiers at guantanamo bay have the right to use torture as a means of obtaining evidence.....that sounds pretty fucked if u ask me.......

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
As a point of interest there are only three places that Hicks (and the others) could be held by the US in anything which even approaches legally. A space shuttle/station, Antarctica and Guantanamo Bay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)