Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 50-59

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 50-

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters

richz

mrkotter said:
guessing is stupid though. Guessing is unreliable, What point does guessing serve? (except maybe to fill your own ego?) I'll state my views but unlike you I will not be ripping into people like you have already done
well, in my opinion i thut he said something very stupid, but it looks like u have another opinion. So lets settle this becuz i wasnt talking to u. ok?

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Actually this thread is stupid because although it is all about guessing, its just an opportunity for all the egotistical bastards to just put everyone down. But the fact is that 95+ will put you top 20 in the state for sure and i severely doubt the people who put 95+ will do that.

ying123123

thunderdax said:
Actually this thread is stupid because although it is all about guessing, its just an opportunity for all the egotistical bastards to just put everyone down. But the fact is that 95+ will put you top 20 in the state for sure and i severely doubt the people who put 95+ will do that.
yeah i agree with ya
fuken in the 4 unit forum people who get like 85/120 are complaining
like fuken u gona get like 90 something
wtf u complaing about

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by thunderdax
Anyone who seriously voted 95+ should get a grip on reality. With questions like that, even if you know you did well, they'll probably fuck you up with dumb marking criterias.
i concur. i can't see that many ppl srsli getting 95+ raw mark - esp. since they aren't representative of the State as a whole.
admittedly, the exam was not "hard" per se. but, it also wasn't easy, esp. for those who were not prepared for the type of Englishesque questions involved.

the ppl who voted 95+ probably only have confidence in their improvisation skills. and not necessarily physics skills.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
who_loves_maths said:
i concur. i can't see that many ppl srsli getting 95+ raw mark - esp. since they aren't representative of the State as a whole.
admittedly, the exam was not "hard" per se. but, it also wasn't easy, esp. for those who were not prepared for the type of Englishesque questions involved.

the ppl who voted 95+ probably only have confidence in their improvisation skills. and not necessarily physics skills.
Is it wrong for someone to have had a thorough knowledge of the entire syllabus and to be confident that they were able to address all the relevant course content in even the 'essay' type questions today?

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
who_loves_mathsNO ONE said:
in the state can get 95+ ?
vitually no one. Last year one Korean oversea student got 98, but that was aligned mark. My phys teacher told me among all papers he's marked, only one person got raw mark of 92 in 1990s for phys and that was the top mark in the state...

Last edited:

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Sirius Black said:
vitually no one. Last year one Korean oversea student got 98, but that was aligned mark. My phys teacher told me among all papers he's marked, only one person got raw mark of 92 in 1990s for phys and that was the top mark in the state...
hmm how does that work?? :S

HSC
92 does sound sorta low cuz it's physics we're dealing with. Physics is quite a challenging subject, and they dont wanna through 100%-ers all over the place.

Captain Karl

HSC
My phys teacher reckons the state average will be about 40, so some of you are either really smart or really over-confident. The marking criteria for the questions can take a fair toll on your mark. Its easy to get an answer for everything but lose one mark here and there. 95+ is a fairly high benchmark for some people to put themselves in

HSC
I did so badly. I've never gotten much below 80 before for phys, but i stuffed it up. i thought it was really hard. like question after question i was thinking "i've never done anything like this before". I've had 3 exams in the last two days so admittedly i hadnt dont as many past papers as i'd liked to have, but if im coming first in my school and seriously may have just failed that exam.. that's so bad..

debaser

HSC
physics is the easiest subject they make. and that test was the easiest i did for the hsc.

95+ without a doubt, and i left with 40 minutes to spare and went and got stoned in the park. there was nothing challenging in there.

Captain Karl

HSC
debaser said:
physics is the easiest subject they make. and that test was the easiest i did for the hsc.

95+ without a doubt, and i left with 40 minutes to spare and went and got stoned in the park. there was nothing challenging in there.
If its the easiest subject they make why does it scale so highly?
I wouldn't expect to get a mark of 95+ if you're primary concern is getting out early to get stoned in the park

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)