haha dawsons creek is back... (1 Viewer)

Lee

wow. this was all the rage in yr 9. i remember at camp we all decided(the whole grade) to miss our on the nights activity so we could watch DC...so sad...it seem pretty much the same - but now instead of being 20 yr olds acting 15 yr olds, they seem like 15 yr olds acting like 20 yr olds....hmm?it's good for a laugh

im jess

im actually really excited about it!!! its now more mature!! yay!!! and it brings back memories of been "young"

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i know! isn't it weird how we can say "oh yeh, dawson's creek, i grew up with that show", cos we did! i still remember the first night it came out, it was like year 9, and i was talking to this chick from my grade and we were both like "oh my god he said 'masturbate'!" but i reckon its gonna suck now that theyve left capeside, its not actually dawson's 'creek' anymore...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
the only good thing abt it is.. joshua jackson's in it!! hehe.. :D

actually i didn't watch it on thursday so i dunno what he looks like now..

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
i think that charlie character was quite cute. =)

Anton

HSC
Good call people.
Dawson's is absolute gold and it looks like it's hit form again after being ludicrously crap last season.
But where the Pacey at? He was in it for about 1 minute, and he wasn't overly cool.
Plus, Dawson looks around 35. (He IS around 30 I think). As opposed to 18. They should get rid of his facial hair.

Either way, rock on Dawsons.

Anton

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Nelly
Psshhhttt, I can't you made an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Dawson's Creek.
hey! some people actually like it (like me), just cos you're not open-minded about 'trashy tv!' :D

Anton

HSC
I agree with you Johnson.
So Dawson's isn't exactly the height of a razor-sharp examination of post-structuralism in the cultural context of 21st century campuses. It's still a fuckin' ace show.

Just remember back to that scene when Jack was forced to read his poetry about being gay. And then Pacey had a go at the teacher.
Teacher: You're spitting in the face of the education system Pacey Whitter
Pacey: No! THIS is spitting in the face of the education system!
And then he spat in his face. I actually got up and applauded that shit. And then sat down cause I felt like a doofus.

Anton

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha!!! where the hell do u come up with that shit?!

yeh, exactly, and shows like DC are meant to be entertainment anyway, to help stressed out souls like us relax for half an hour or an hour.

i was at my comp. lit distinction course thingy residential schol, and we had to get up and intro. ourselves etc., and i said that i am an obsessed fan of all tv shows including soaps and 'crappy' drama like DC, and they all groaned. afterwards one of the guys said that he admired me for my courage. people are so afraid to say they like shows which aren't intellectual nowadays, theyre afraid people will look down on em.

anyway thats my shpiel for the day.

Anton

HSC
You absolute genius johnson.
It extends to music as well. I like a lot 'cool' artists that are supposed to be impressive (Nick Drake, Ben Harper, The Doors, etc.) but as soon as I admit I thought the Neptunes' production work on Britney Spears 'Slave 4 U' was absolute gold, or that I think 'Bootylicious' by Destiny's Child is a bloody good track for parties, all I get is groans. If it's good, it's good, doesn't matter who makes it or why.

Anton

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes, and films, and everything etc! i constantly get bagged out for loving contemporary art, like bullshit art, everyone says, geez, what a pile of shit who makes this stuff? i have this philosophy in life where i dont give a fuck about what other people think about me and i do and say whatever i want, regardless of what everyone else thinks (well i try to at least).

oh yeh ive noticed u around in some of the msg's thingies, you seem like a heaps artsy fartsy person. im [hopefully] like that too, except in my school everyone is like sooo smart and sciency and to do what i do (i do 4u eng, art, comp lit) is like stupid and stuff. they all think we're bludgers but they can piss off to hell! its mostly the principal and the teachers actually, like our careers advisor has NEVER EVER given us information on arts or anything, its either science or med or accounting and shit. and so once i got pissed off and went up and told him, you know, some people actually DO want to do arts things, maybe you should like realise that not everyone wants to be a doctor lawyer engineer etc. and he was like "ok..." (this was a couple of months ago) then last friday he put one little tiny thing about a KvB institute of tech. scholarship appl. form in the newsletter...oh my fucking god how considerate!! (sarcasm).

- jian

p.s sorry about this whole shpieling and bitching, but theres no where else to vent my frustration!

Anton

HSC
That sounds pretty fucked. At my school, Fort St., there's a fairly decent base of people who are in to Arts subjects. All my friends bar none are in to it, which is good.
I wouldn't say I'm overly artsy, I'm just in to music, philosophy, history...which probably means I am artsy but I don't wear a black skivvy or anything. Much.

Anton

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh ok that sounds cool
yeh i thought your name sounded familiar, do u do the philo. dist course? maybe you know anna or litty or ray or grant or kat from my school? i think one of them might have mentioned u once. i was gonna do philo but decided to do c.lit (love the abbreviation!) cos at that orientation thingy, all those people in the room sounded really scary and stuff and so...philosophy-ish and i thought that it would be waaaay outta my league

Anton

HSC
Don't know any of those people. Pretty sure I'm not known around town...I'm not quite famous or anything.

Anton

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
what about ava and alfred from fort street? i used to go to primary with them but haven't talked to them for years. how are tjey doing?

p.s. dawson does look like hes about 30, and jack got a really ugly haircut and looks like a player now.

Anton

HSC
Yeah I know Alfie and Ava. Alfie Shiu I take it you mean? He's not bad I don't think, bit of a homie nowadays. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ava is really in to the HSC, but is a great girl (both personality-wise and looks-wise). She's doing pretty well this year, and I think she's pretty stressed out.

I like Jack's weird mullet-type haircut. It's kind of cool in an uncool way. Katie Holmes is looking way too skinny now though, but her roommate is a genius.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
alfred lin actually
yeh i remember ava being kinda hard working and stuff in primary, i guess she must still be the same eh

joey has never and will never ever change, she has looked the same for the past 3 seasons. jen definitely looks spunkier with her new hairstyle though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)